Sunday, May 1, 2011

You Just Have To Laugh!

Good morning, friends!  It is a chilly morning here in PA.  Very refreshing!  This weather is like a yo-yo.  Nope, I am not complaining.  We have so much to be thankful for after the terrible storms last week.  Last evening I was on Skype with the ladies from the Paper Roses group and I was telling them that my DH was on a delayed flight from Miami.  They told the passengers that they had to return to the terminal for a refuel, after making them sit in the plane for hours.  Hummm, funny how they fib to keep everyone calm.  When they landed in Atlantic City, his buddy turned his phone back on and had a message from a good friend in Miami who is an air traffic controller that said there were mechanical difficulties with the plane.  Might have been good to know that one ahead of time, huh?  Anyway, he is home safe, and I am glad to have him back!  I though this card was perfect for the occasion!


One of the very first brand of stamps that I purchased, back in the 90's were Art Impressions.  I just love them, and they seem to have a character to fit any purpose.  This jittery lady is named Sylvia!  Isn't she a hoot?  My layers are Pure Luxury, Ocean Mist and the new Accents card stock called Key Lime.  I colored with Copics and sponged with Memento.  Making Memories flowers were added with Jolee's gem centers.  A few MS branch punches were tucked under the blooms.  My sentiment was computer generated.  I saw it somewhere, ages ago and just loved it.


I was just having fun, and I really appreciate you taking a peek.  Have a glorious day!

10 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

this one makes me smile ! great funny card !
greetings, martina
x

Peggy said...

I absolutely love this one!! I love funny people stamps. I have a few from a company called River something just now can't think of it. Love you cards and thanks for keeping up with my blog I love to get your comments and encouragement!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This one will sure make you giggle, love it and such a great card, love the colors. Glad hubby is back, safe and sound.

Becky said...

I love this image myself Mary Ann..This is how I look when I work to much hahaha.

The Other Patti Sue said...

HeHeHe Thanks for the laugh! Such a funny image! So glad your DH got home safe! We stormed most of the evening! My yard was totally trashed by the neighbors trees )0=

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a great card Mary Anne.......Pleased to hear your DH got home safe and sound!

Carol L said...

This is hilarious, and I love that hot hot hot key lime cardstock!! Great colors for this amusing card, and I love the inside sentiment too! I'm glad your DH made it home safely!

craftieodmae said...

OH MY STARS!!!! Glad he made it homw safe and sound!Love the card, had fun last night too, but I was so tired!!!! Slept until 6:30 this morning!!!!!

Janice M said...

LOL!!! What a fun card Mary Anne!! Glad your DH made it home safe & sound!

Wendy said...

Super cute, Mary Anne! Made me giggle but I bet IRL it would probably stress me out too! Glad he made it home safely!