Monday, May 16, 2011

What A Fun Morning!

My DH has another vacation day today, and since we knew it was going to be rainy, he had a shopping list for Home Depot that we needed to get.  Today's project is to install a new Ultra Violet System on our water lines and a new filtration system also.  Well, as we pulled into the parking lot, I saw a cart of new plants being pushed inside.  I went chasing the guy because something caught my eye.


Let me first say, that on Christmas 2009, My dear friend Sue, bought me an Orchid.  I thought she was nutso because me and house plants just don't jive.  Here we are 2 seasons later and I have successfully had my Orchid re-bloom!  Woo Hoo!  The blooms last for months so I just love it!  It is very happy on my dining room table.

Well, remember the guy I chased this morning?  He had blue Orchids on that cart.  Yes I said blue!  DH saw the sparkle in my eye and insisted I have one.  I am so excited, and my goodness, it is full of buds and sooooooo tall!

Here is a close up of the blooms.  They are so blue that I know that it can not be natural, and I am sure that when this plant blooms again, blue may not be seen.  Look at the months of gorgeous flowers I will have until then!!!

Thanks for letting me share.  If this one goes well, I will keep adding to my collection!  Love them!  Have a super dooper day!

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OHHHHHHH MY! I am speechless... never seen a blue orchid! Absolutely beautiful! I bet the sparkle in your eye is just as beautiful!

Myrna said...

Mary Anne
Such a gorgeous orchid. I am amazed at the blue.
Myrna

craftieodmae said...

now why didn't it keep my comment.........I said I could see why you ran after the man, this is gorgeous! I have never seen a blue one either.......

Betty Benton said...

Well, didn't know you were the orchid lady -- I have never had one to rebloom! Good luck with the blue one!

Becky said...

That is a gorgeous orchid.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is beautiful, I have never seen blue orchids, hmmm...do I see a card inspiration from you :) TFS.

Carol L said...

What a fabulous flower!!! I can just visualize how perfectly those blooms match those gorgeous blue dishes in your dining room too! Enjoy :)

Patti J said...

How much fun is that!!! What a great day with DH :) Beautiful flowers, Mary Anne!

Patti P. said...

Don't you just love those days doing simple things together and now you've found a jewel in your lovely day. Hope it has been wonderful and I love both of your orchids.TFS

A Consuming Passion said...

Sometimes a chore turns into something memorable........looks like you had one of those days!!! Fabulous orchid I've tried them but can never get them to re-bloom!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Yes I've seen the blue ones, I had to pull Bob away! I have to say they are just electric, so vibrant almost neon in effect. I don't have much luck with house plants either so I would not even try. Great find my friend :)

Kerrie said...

I would be chasing him too ... for plants that is (LOL) ,,, I kill all indoor plants.. need some tips, as your orchids are so pretty.

Payne Holler Cards said...

hats off to you and green thumb - i dont even try anymore...this is a beauty!
miss being here and am trying to visit a few blogs this morning before off to work - raining too hard and accidents everywhere on the roads!
love your veggie garden - beautiful lettuce!