Sunday, May 15, 2011

OTWC #53 and My Garden


Here is a card that I created for challenge #53, over at Off The Wall Craftiness.  I have not gotten to do Kim's challenge for quite some time, but the colors in her inspiration pic just moved me this week!  I have been a bit stuck on these colors lately.

Here is her inspiration photo.

I would also like to include her color swatches for you, just in case you have time to play along.  You can find the details here.

My card is a base of Soft Sand, Pure Luxury cs from Gina K. Designs.  The designer papers are from Diecuts With A View.  I have these stitched paper pieces that are from Prima.  They were a gift.  I layered a turquoise Prima in the center, and added a K&Co Grand Adhesion to the center.  My sentiment is from Theresa Momber's latest stamp set called Follow Your Dreams.  I stamped it on an label punch from SU!.  Buttons in soft blue and green were used as my embellishments.  I thought this made a pretty Graduation card.


Next, I would like to share with you a photo of my veggie garden.  As you can see, we are loaded with leafy lettuce right now.  As long as it stays cool, we can keep cutting and it will keep coming.  Get too hot and it will go to seed.  We do have a few flowers on the tomatoes, but everything else is still small.  Remember, May 15 is the first safe date for planting delicate plants here in  PA, so we actually cheated a wee bit by planting on Mother's Day

Have a wonderful Sunday, and happy stamping!

16 comments:

Myrna said...

Mary Anne
Your card is really pretty.
The lettuce is just begging to be made into a big fat fresh lettuce sandwich. lol

Becky said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne. Loving the flower.. Great veg. garden.

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE you card... so pretty! Isn't it funny how we get hooked on something (like colors)? You garden looks awesome! We have to many rocks... I don't even try anymore!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Your card is great, that flower is so pretty with its different layers. I am drooling over your garden, I wish I could have something like that, but here in TX we have small lawns, so I will dream as I look at your graden.

Janice M said...

Great card Mary Anne! Your lettuce looks yummy!! I picked some up at a fruit stand last time I went over to L&L!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, like I said earlier, fantastic garden!!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Lovin that stacked flower and those colors are great ones to be stuck on, pretty blues and greens.
The garden is amazing I wish I had all that lettuce.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne and your vegie patch looks great!

~Tammy~ said...

Mary Anne, you used the colors just perfectly! I love the beautiful floral focal piece! Thanks for joining in the fun at OTWC! Good Luck!

Betty Benton said...

Love the papers on this card and your lettuce looks absolutely yummy!

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty card. Your garden looks so yummy. It's still to cool and rainy here but some are trying to plant a little between storms.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Carol L said...

I really like the sentiment panel on your card with that delicate little dragonfly! So pretty! And just look at your garden grow! My friend you've got a serious green thumb!!

Peggy said...

awesome looking garden.. wish I had time to do gardening again... maybe when I retire.

Amy Kolling said...

I love your card but I must admit I can't stop looking at that yummy garden picture you shared! What a green thumb! I love it! Thanks for playing along with OTWC!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

A beautiful flower. Thanks so much for joining us at OTWC.