Saturday, May 21, 2011

In The Garden.....

     While visiting a friends blog, I came across a challenge that looked interesting.  It is for Cupcake Craft Challenge # 142 and it is called "In The Garden".  How cool is it that I was randomly creating a card with a garden scene?


     This is one of those cards that just sort of evolves.  I recently purchased an older stamp set from Gina K. Designs, called Lawn and Garden by Rupa Shevde.  It has the best stamps for my lifestyle, because it seems we are always doing some kind of yard work. I used a base of Fresh Asparagas, Pure Luxury card stock.  My designer papers are from K&Co, as is the decorative border.  I punched small butterflies from MS and gave them pearl bodies.  Coloring was done with Copics and sponging was added with Memento ink.

     Hubby is still mowing, so I will have more time to play. We also added an heirloom tomato and a bush cucumber to the garden.  I have teeny tiny cherry tomatoes starting, and I am looking forward to popping them in my mouth.  We are still trying to hunt down a yellow squash plant.  They are so good on the grill, brushed with olive oil and a bit of garlic!

16 comments:

Patti J said...

Mmmmm.....thanks for the yellow squash recipe! I absolutely LOVE yellow squash, and have never grilled it that way! Mary Anne, your card is gorgeous. Rupa is a wonderful artist - I have a couple of her sets, and they are often 'go-to's' for me. Beautiful card, and how much fun that it fits a new challenge! Good luck with that!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty card, I can see you using that hose to water the tomatoes, cucumber and even the squash when it goes in.... thanks for the recipe!

Becky said...

This is stunning girl..love how you put this together.

Brodders said...

Gorgeous scene :)
Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Carol L said...

My brain was focused on gardening today too! I like to grill zucchini like you do your squash! The best is grilled asparagus with a drizzle of EVOO and a touch of toasted sesame oil with a sprinkle of sesame seeds! YUM!!
Your card is great and I love the flowers and butterflies! Happy gardening :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

It must be the spring weather that makes us all think of gardening! Love your card and the butterflies are spectacular!

Sudha said...

Pretty lovely creation.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

craftieodmae said...

I absolutely love this one, it's gorgeous!!!~!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Great scene and wonderful sentiment. Love your clouds. I'm going to have to take a second look at this set.

Faye said...

Wow, what a fab creation. Love your take on our In the Garden theme. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake this week. x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a beauty! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week!

redwasher1 said...

Your garden is beautiful!!! Great image!!

Janice M said...

Love the little garden scene you have created Mary Anne! Love grilled veggies in the summer!

The Other Patti Sue said...

What incredibly awesome card! So many super fun elements... looks like a beautiful summer day! You got my mouth watering for those cherry tomatoes!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is just beautiful, love the scene you created and the colors. Yummy cherry tomatoes.

Patti P. said...

I love scene cards and this one of a garden is beautiful. Love all of your elements. Want to come visit and pop some cherry tomatoes with you. Just wanted to thank you for helping me get back on blogger...saw your note to Linda and it worked for me....yeah. Was missing some blogs that wouldn't let me comment.
Hope your weekend is wonderful!