Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kym's Rose Challenge

Sorry I have been AWOL for a bit.  The wedding planning is starting to get crazy, and with doing two weddings, even crazier!  Yesterday was our Eastern PA Stampers get-together and many could not attend due to the holiday weekend, but we had a blast.  If I get sent a photo, I will share.  I did get to meet Wendy from Wee Bee Stampin 4 Fun, and got to give her a hug.  What a sweetie!  Wendy and her family moved from PA to Joplin, with the hopes of moving back to PA by the end of 2011.  Thank goodness they were here in PA when the tornados hit.  Their house was spared, but if you check out her blog, she has posted photos of places she visits daily and they are gone.  She is very nervous about going back next week.  Praying for everyone in Joplin.


Okay, on to Kym's challenge for the Roses group this month.  We were asked to create a Get Well, Tissue Box Card.  I was not sure about this one, but once I got into it, I want to make more!  Maybe for the desks of the girls in my DD's office.  A couple for visiting folks in the hospital?  Cute, cute!


The little tissue packs just fit right on in there!


My base is a cranberry card stock, and my focal image is created using Marvy Markers on watercolor paper.  This is my first time trying this technique and I need a little practice, but I am pleased.  The stamps used for the flowers are all from Stamps by Judith. I also added designer papers from the Basic Grey paper collection called Green At Heart. The get well sentiment is from one of Theresa Mombers, GKD sets.  The sentiment on the front panel is from Rubber Cottage, and I was so glad I got to use it!  As accents, I used organza ribbon, pearls, and some MS border punches. There is a video of this project that can be found here.

Please take a minute and visit the other talented ladies in the Roses group, to see what they have designed!  They are...... Olga, Patti Sue, Kerrie, Kym, Sue, Betty, and Connie.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Mary Anne - this is wonderful! I'm so glad you are back! What a great idea for someone who's not feeling well - you are amazing, my friend!!! Hugs...

Betty Benton said...

Amazing job on your tissue box! I'm going to have to make one (oh, right, I was supposed to make one, wasn't I????) So glad your friend's home escaped damage in the tornado and that she was in PA at the time. Praying for peace for her as she returns.

Carol L said...

It sure was great to get together again yesterday! I love these stamp meets!
What a great tissue box holder!! That's a great get-well gift to give someone!
Enjoy your weekend my friend :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is adorable, now I have just got to figure it out and make one....like you I can think of several people to give these to. Love the sentiment!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This turned out beautiful! I love your water coloring.

Becky said...

I love this!! I am going out and buy me a box of tissues just to make this :).

Patti P. said...

These are so much fun today...everyone has their own special take and I too want to make one. I love the image and sentiments that you used and the coloring is beautiful. tfs

Kerrie said...

Ok.. you have just rocked this challenge, I just love everything about your tissue box from the colours to the image....

Kathy and Lucky said...

I love yours, with the brads and eyelet, it is so pretty and a great way to hold those tissues. TFS. Have a great weekend.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I so love how you decorated yours! Love the sentiment on the front... so creative!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my and WOW - I'm with Becky - tissues are on my list so I can make this!!
love the idea of having them to give someone who is sick!!!
it wont be long now...the wedding ride gets wilder and wilder but its a one time thing (right!!) for them and its memories forever!
everyone can rest after the weddings (-:

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a neat idea, and you did a great idea with it!

JD/ Jill said...

Okay, I must be tired...I meant to say in my previous comment that you did a great job with this idea. I need to proof read...more...smile. Hope you had a nice day!

A Consuming Passion said...

This is just fabulous Mary Anne! You certainly rocked Kym's challenge!

Janice M said...

I'm not big on making/altering things but this is cute!! Wish I would have been able to make it over and stamp/meet Wendy! Maybe next time!