Thursday, May 12, 2011

Be Like A Duck.......

Good Morning!   It is another glorious day here in PA, and I am loving every minute of it!  They are promising 5 days of rain starting on the weekend, and if I remember from last year, that is what rotted out my zucchini plants in the garden.  I think I will buy a couple extras just in case I have to replant.

I would like to share a card I  have been working on for a few days.  I purchased this sentiment a couple months ago at a local stamp show.  I thought it fit so many of life's little situations.  When I came home, I could not believe I did not have one duck to use with it.  Not a digi, not a stamp to be found in this whole stamp room.  Then I remembered my stash of Stampscape Stamps!  Ah ha!

My card base is Soft Sand cs from GKD, with a layer of DCWV designer paper from their Doodlin' Around stack.  The sentiment stamp is from the Rubber Cottage.  My scene is made from 3 different Stampscape Stamps.  My coloring is done with Copics and inking was done with Versamagic Ink. 

I needed something for the side and decided to create a cattail to match the scene.  I cut out the leaves with Spellbinders dies from the Donna Salazar, Carnation Creations die set.  The head of the plant was cut out by hand and run through the Cuttlebug using  the Diamonds EF from Sizzix.  I then rubbed the embossing with copper metallic paste.  Accents are Stickles to make the water shimmer, Dewdrops, and a couple of MS branch punches.

I have a dear neighbor who has been battling illness since last fall, and I think this will be perfect for him. 

I will be entering this in a couple of challenges:

Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - quote/sentiment

Update:  Baby Flynn came home from the hospital last Thursday, and is growing like a weed.  He is eating like crazy and gaining a couple ounces a day.  He still has a monitor due to Apnea before he came home, but his mommy says it is just a precaution.  He is ready to burst out of his preemie clothing!  God is good!  My niece is feeling better, also.  Her bp is finally under control.  Now they can enjoy being a family.

16 comments:

Larisa said...

wow!!! It is so beautiful! Great stamping and nice colouring!!!
Hugs. Larisa. xx

Betty Benton said...

You are so good at improvisation, Mary Anne -- if you don't have it, you make it! Way to go!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is awesome! I love the cattail with all the texture and the pretty scene with the ducks.
Your neighbour will definitely be cheered up with it!
Glad to hear the wee one is doing well and momma is recovering.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Patti J said...

I always forget about the Stampscapes! What a gorgeous card, Mary Anne! I'm sorta happy that you didn't have any ducks! Glad to hear that all is well with Baby Flynn and family. Will continue to keep them all in my prayers! Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine - ugh...I think we have the same forecast!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Mary Anne. Beautiful colors and coloring and that sentiment is fabulous.
So grateful baby Flynn is doing well.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
What a great sentiment. Love how you pulled this one together.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Yippee such great news about Baby Flynn, how exciting to have him home. Your card is wonderful and so perfect for a guy, he will love this and will lift his spirits for sure.

Janette said...

Thanks for sharing this fab card with us at CraftyCatz this week, love the sentiment.xx

craftieodmae said...

yep , my comment is gone too, it's still gorgeous hon, lets hope blogger is fixed and stays on line now!!! I'm sure they didn't sleep much either LOL

Min said...

Wow, what an amazing card! Simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for The Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min

sgc said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Carol L said...

That's great news about your niece and the baby! I'm soooo glad to know they're doing well and enjoying life as they should!
This card is so pretty with that gorgeous image! I love the accent cattail and how you created it!
Enjoy those rainy days in your stamp room :)

Sudha said...

Wow fabulous creation.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Answered prayers for baby Flinn! So exciting! LOVE the beautiful scene you've created and the sentiment is the bomb! Enjoy the sunshine... we went from 75 to 58 with rain for the next week )0=

BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY! Such a GREAT sentiment.. I am sure your neighbor will love the card!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO last week!
Have a GREAT day!

Janice M said...

Oh Mary Anne I LOVE this card! What a fun sentiment and i love the cattail you made for the side of your card!!