Monday, May 9, 2011

Catching My Breath

Happy Monday morning, friends!  I sure hope you had a great weekend, and for all of the lovely mothers out there, I hope you're children blessed you with some kind of contact.  I was fortunate to have both of my children with me this weekend, and they made it a fantastic Mother's Day.  Saturday, we walked 4 huge garden markets and purchased plants for my beds and veggie garden.  Sunday they hooked up with my DH and made short work of all the weeding and planting for the season.  Everyone  ended up exhausted.  I miss helping since I have gotten so allergic to bees and wasps. Oh well. They gave me a Mother's Day that made me happy beyond belief!


My card today is just a note.  It was stamped during our stamp outing to L&L Rubber Stamps.  For the life of me I can not remember the designer, but if I had to guess, I would say PSX.  My card base is Creme De Menthe Pure Luxury, from Gina K. Designs.  The funny story behind this simple card is that my DD started coloring it and just hated it.  I retrieved it from her trash pile and finished it with Copics. Then I took my copy that I had stamped and cut and colored extra leaves so I could pop them up. Anyway, it has been sitting on my desk for ages, and I thought it needed posting.  It deserved more than a dive into the trash bin!

If you have a minute, please pop over to Joan's Gardens and give me a vote for my tag entry. There are only 6 entries this week and they are all lovely!  I believe you have until tonight.  Thanks, and I am so glad you popped by!

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love this girly! Colored to perfection! Off to give you my vote (0=

The Other Patti Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! You did a nice job of cutting out and popping up those leaves - looks SO real! I'm very allergic too - must carry epi-pen if going to be by stinging things! Okay, off to visit and vote! Hugs...

Janice M said...

So pretty Mary Anne! Glad you were able to save it from the scrap pile. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day weekend.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne..

craftieodmae said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! We want pictures when it all starts growing and filling out, your card is breath taking!!!! Love the way you have it colored!

Carol L said...

Having seen this card IRL, I can say it's absolutely stunning!!! I still can't understand why your DD tossed it, but I'm glad you retrieved and finished it! Beautiful!

Betty Benton said...

Way to go, MA! I love that you pulled it out of the trash can -- just think, this gorgeous card may never have been created!

Patti P. said...

That's what I am missing...two children to plant my flowers, lucky you! Now you can just enjoy the beauty and watching them grow. I need to go buy some to fill in my flower beds. I love your card and your coloring on this is beautiful. Great save!!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Love your wonderful coloring!!!