Monday, June 26, 2017
This is the first time in all of my stamping years, that I have re-bought a paper pad! I have been so in love with this designer paper from Bo Bunny, called Butterfly Kisses, that I did exactly that. I used the large jar from the Mason Jar stamp set by Inkadinkado and water colored it with inks and my water brush. I added a twine bow, with button, and a paper doily as a back drop. My polka dot strip is a scrap of designer paper from my stash.
I would like to enter this over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is to use Patterned Paper.
I hope everyone's week starts off on the right foot, and life is calm. Thanks for the visit!
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Good morning! Today I would like to share the card I made for my GS's recent birthday. The little guy went and turned 4, already! How is that possible? You can see his recent school photo on my sidebar.
I started with a base of medium blue card stock, a layer of black and then the panel I created with Distress Inks in the colors Iced Spruce, Broken China, and Faded Jeans. My stamp set is from My Favorite Things and is called Circus Spectacular, and was designed by Lisa Johnson. I just love these stamps and their vintage feel. My large number is from SU!, and the panel was cut out using a Lil Inker stitched rectangle. I added a few mini punched stars and blue enamel dot, plus some black cording at the corners.
Thanks so much for visiting, and have a great weekend!
Friday, June 9, 2017
I found out that a sweet couple, who lives up the street, finally tied the knot. It is a melded family with kids of assorted ages, and as the bride said, "Life got in the way".
How many of us can relate to that? So, Jim and I decided to send up a little prezzie this weekend, to help extend their honeymoon.
I made this tag using some specialty paper, with lots of sparkle and shine, from DCWV. Two of my base dies are from Spellbinders, and the silver die cut, I altered, by cutting off some of the outside edges. The bride and groom die and the mr. and mrs. words are dies I bought from Ebay. I used a Gina Marie stitched circle die set to create the opening for the bottle neck. A little bit of extra sparkle was added to the heart on the words. It needed a little something on the left side, so I added a few tiny flower punches with gem centers.
The will be entered over at the Mod Squad Challenge, which is Spark It Up!
It does not seem possible that we are at another weekend, but here we are! Hope you have a great one!
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Wow... where ever did I find this paper collection? It is an old K & Co pad called Madeline, by Brenda Walton! It is gorgeous paper, but I had no clue I still had pieces of it. I combined all of the pieces of double sided papers to create my front panel, including the double circles, cut with Gina Marie stitched circles.
I stamped some flowers, using the Flower Shop SU! set and matching punch. the ink was Melon Mambo, with Distress ink lightly applied. My leaves were die cut with more dp from the pad, and tucked around the edges. Found a piece of this plum stitched ribbon laying on my desk.... It came from a gift I recently received. As for the sentiment, it was also included in the pad. I punched centers for my flowers and topped them with glossy accents.
This will be entered in the newest challenge over at Your Next Stamp. It is #65 to be exact. You have a choice of sketch, colors, or both. I chose the sketch!
Well, here we are at Tuesday, already! It just does not seem possible. We had some peek of sun, over the weekend. That made us all feel a wee bit less mildewed. Seems we are back into the gloomies today! Thanks for the visit.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
I found this card I created last April, in my cards to post later file. I remember making it and not adding a sentiment, so I could use it for come what may.
The card base is kraft with a layer of distressed polka dot designer paper. My image is from Our Daily Bread, and I believe it is called "The Mighty Sea". I added a strip of loosely woven burlap.
My image is stamped on 110 lb. card stock and colored with Distress Inks, with accents of white gel pen. The image was set on fire, to get a burnt edge. That was fun! I recommend you do that part out doors! I cut and embossed 2 little dies from Momenta, and added a pearl accent.
Thanks so much for the visit, and as we approach the beginning of another weekend, may you have lots of fun waiting!