Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rock On!

The sun has finally made an appearance in Eastern PA!  What a soggy week.  It will take quite some time for everything to dry enough to mow and weed.  They even think we might hit 90 by the end on next week!

Today I would like to share a card I made for a special friend. He is more than special, he was our Best Man! Johnny is such a crazy guy, that I struggle each year to come up with an idea for his cards. 


The other day, I downloaded an image from Angie W., that they were giving away at Free Digital Stamps.  I decided to pair this guy with a stamp set I have from Gina K. Designs, called Live Life Loud.  It has all the grungy rocker elements.  Then I used another set called Stars to add the pop-ups.  Both sets were designed by Tami Mayberry.  Coloring was done with Copic markers and sponging with Memento ink.  I added Stickles and a few black pearls as accents.  Card stock is Pure Luxury.

Well, that's it for now, but I am feeling a little stamping energy, so you never know!  I may return.

10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh what a great card for a good mate!!!! Love this Mary Anne!
Hope you're enjoying a good week end!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so funny! I love your card. Nothing like an older rocker!

Selma said...

Oh this is to funny! What a great job you did creating the perfect masculine card! Have a great weekend.

Betty Benton said...

I hope you do return -- it's always a bit of fun to see your cards! This makes me think about all the "aging" Harley riders!

Janice M said...

What a fun card, I'm sure he'll Love it!! I'm SOOOOO glad to see the sunshine!!It was a good week to read. ;0) We(well the boys) are mowing and weed wacking today, I hope to get to the flower beds some too.

Kerrie said...

Great card, just love the old roker!

Carol L said...

This card is so cute! Gotta love that image :) I'm sure any guy would love to receive this one.....especially those who secretly believe that they ARE rock stars IRL! LOL

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is so awesome, I love it. This is exactly what I thought of while I was listening to hours and on going hours of these two 50 year old men(one in my own living room) playing that video game rock band or what ever it is. LOL

buggin2stamp said...

That card is stinkin' hliarious! Perfect for a crazy man. LOL! I love how you used those two sets by Tami with that rock star old guy. So cool!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ha what a hoot! Such a great image! Totally awesome card !