Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Couple to Share


My first card is for the Moxie Fab Chevron Chic Challenge which asks us to use a chevron pattern on our card.
I pulled the components from all corners of my stamp room, including my computer!  My base is Wild Dandelion Pure Luxury from Gina K. Designs.  My chevron paper is from my stash.  I had to find a vintage four leaf clover image to couple with my sentiment.  The open work border is an MS punch called Bangle Chain Trim.  My clover was topped off with a faceted gem for sparkle.


Card #2 is a sympathy card that I created using my new Heartfelt Creations, Decorative Window Scene Die.  I coupled it with two Gina K. Designs stamps sets called Garden Silhouettes, and Stenciled Spring.  My card base is Pumpkin Spice PL and my designer paper is from KaiserCraft, Secret Bird Society.  My focal image was created by coloring the stamp with Marvy Brush Markers.  My sentiment was cut out with a Fancy Tag Die from Spellbinders, and an MS butterfly was punched and added to my bouquet.  Sponging was done with VersaMagic chalk ink and cocoa pearls and bow were added as accents.  I will be entering this card over at Crafty Creations for their Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks for spending a little bit of your day with me.  Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow awesome creations dear.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Betty Benton said...

Lovely cards, both of them! I really like that Bangle Chain border punch on the first card as well as the gem for the center of the clover!

Carol L said...

I love 'em both! The marker technique with the stenciled image is addictive isn't it?! :) One of these days I'm going to order that stamp set because I can visualize a beautiful set of note cards in different colors with that image!! I love those chevrons with the big 4-leaf clover! It's colorful and wild!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are crankin em out sissta! Love both... each a beautiful work of art in it's own right! The 1st so bright and cheerful! The 2nd elegant and feminine! You are so versatile!

Kathy and Lucky said...

These are wonderful!! Love the first one with the colors and the sweet gem on the clover. The second is just lovely, the colors are beautiful, so soft and warm and the image beautiful. Have a great Sunday.

redwasher1 said...

Both cards are stunning!!!

Kerrie said...

Where have I been... not blogging obviously... I've missed so much .. just love all of your cards, they are gorgeous.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
The cards are marvelous! I love that HFC window die!

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow love both cards Mary Anne!!! Love the frame *** wink***,. What a mad week end it's been.......but I have a nice clean and reorganised Craft Room yeah!!!!

Novell said...

Great job and I love the friend sentiment!! Need to add that to my collection!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mary Anne! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Chic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)