Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Stamps!


I am so happy I got some extra time to sit and play with my new Gina K. Design stamps.  The set I am using is called Follow Your Dreams, by Theresa Momber.  Since I live on a lake, I am lucky enough to  have a Great Blue Heron that visits every day to catch his dinner.  I created this card using scraps of papers from my stash, layered on a white card base.  Coloring was done with Copics.  The numbers I used were: C1, C3, C7, W1, B0000, B21, E25, Y19, YG93.  I added some grey, ribbed velvet ribbon and taupe leaves from Prima.  I topped it off with an antique pearl button threaded with floss.

My second card is using stamps from the same set, but this time I used the dragonflies and sentiment.  I framed out my sentiment with my new Decorative Oval Window die from Heartfelt Creations, and added Prima's with olive pearl centers.  Stickles were added to the dragonflies for sparkle, and a small Tag To Go, from K&Co was tucked into the flowers.

Hard to believe that is is almost hump day already.  Time is zooming.  Have a beautiful Spring day!

13 comments:

Becky said...

Girl, both of these are absolutely stunning!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

I love your cards and I love this set. Oh to have a heron out my window, they fly over our house in TX, not sure, since we don't have much water. What patience you have to cut out those dragonflies, but what a stunning card. Gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Look at you.... Your such a talented lady! Love the fresh feel of your first card! But that second one... OH MY! So pretty... Love the framed oval window!

craftieodmae said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! time is flying by........so much to do and so little time to do it in.........

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh my! Mary Anne both cards are beautiful!
Quite different but who could choose between them!

Carol L said...

You're definitely on a serious roll!! These are both fab, but I just love how you colored the first card! I hope you had a great spring day too :)

Brenda said...

Mary Anne your cards are out of this world! I love everything about them. Thank you for the inspiration, I also just got this set and haven't had time to play with it yet.

Peggy said...

your cards always ROCK!!!! love this

Peggy said...

I especially was taken back by your coloring on that bird one is that a crane... yeah I think that's what you call it LOVE THE COLORS!!!!

redwasher1 said...

AWESOME cards!!! Beautiful coloring!!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love what you are doing with this set! Both cards are drop dead gorgeous.

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! these RRRRR both drop dead gorgeous! love your coloring.....wow wow wow!

Janice M said...

Wow!! Gorgeous cards Mary Anne!! Love them both!