Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tag Challenge at Joan's Gardens JGT0503


Just a quick post to get my tag entered in this weeks tag challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  There is always such a great bunch of talented artists entering their creations! 

I used one of my newer stamp sets from Gina K. Designs, called Stenciled Spring. They are great solid stamps and I got to playing with Marvy brush markers to add colors.  The papers are K&Co..  My ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  A Prima with button and purple pearls are my accents. 

I learned with my last tag, I entered, that if you add a bamboo skewer to the back, and cover with a layer of matching paper, you can make a great plant poke for a gift.  Maybe something for Mother's Day?

Thanks for taking a look see!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

14 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Very pretty, love the colors you used and the stamp. Great idea for the skewer and using it to put in a potted plant as a gift, TFS.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Tag Mary Anne! I love your idea with the skewer. Great colors too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly Tag Challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty, Mary Anne! Great idea for the use of the tag.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Wonderful tag! That is one of my favorite images from the set. I hope all is well with you. I've been working some pretty wired hours, early morning then back in the afternoon and this up and down rain has played havoc with my sinus.

Carol L said...

You already know how much I like this image! I was working with this very image today for a while too ;) Beautiful tag, and I just LOVE that die cut shape! Purty!!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Mary Ann..

Auntie Em said...

So cute! Love the pretty embellies to go with your image. A plant poke would be a cute idea!
Thanks for sharing! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a pretty tag! Love how you colored your image... a gift in itself!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute stamp! It does look just like a stencil. Your tag turned out so cute! I love the idea of turning it into a plant stake for a gift!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so pur-deeee! loved the tip to use it for a plant...smart gal (-:
have a bee-u-tee-ful Mothers Day (-:
hugs
Linda

Janice M said...

What a pretty spring tag! Great idea to use in a planter!

Peggy said...

Love this tag! It is very pretty and love the plant stake idea~~~

Patti J said...

Perfect spring tag, darlin'!!! Love it!