Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sharing A Duo.....

Morning, my dear friends!  I have had a couple of cards sitting on my desk, and since it is so dreary here in PA, I figured I would post instead of create!


My first card has been hanging out for quite awhile.  It has a Kraft base and a layer stamped with a new background stamp from Stamp Camp.  The background was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and then the leaves were chalked in assorted colors.  I spritzed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz from Tsukineko called Sparkle.  I added a punched MS strip, and then placed flowers from the Heartfelt Creation, Posy Patch Dies.  The flowers were accented with Copic Marker, Stickles, and Crystal Effects.  Two skeleton leaves were tucked behind for texture.

I would like to enter this in:
Stamp Something-  Anything Goes


The second card, I just made a few days ago.  I won 2 sets of Amuse clear stamps on Ebay. They are called Trees One and Trees Two.  I used a white card base and three different patterns of Basic Grey, Granola papers.  I stamped my images and sentiment in Memento, Rich Cocoa and back stamped the trees with Spanish Olive from VersaMagic.  The olive was also used for sponging.  The little bird is a stamp from Theresa Momber's, The Giving Tree.  I used Spellbinders, Labels Fourteen, to cut out everything and then popped them up.  My only accent is a twine bow with a gem center.

My entry is for:

That is it for now, folks!  Have a good day!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Both these are just wonderful, you are coming up with so many new sketch designs and extra add elements. I bet you are having fun going through your stuff.

A Consuming Passion said...

These are both lovely Mary-Anne though the top one is my fav!!! Love the chalked coloursand those pretty flowers.

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, both but my favorite is the first one,, you know me and those Posies LOL

Carol L said...

I'm going to call you the queen of backgrounds from now on, because you create the most original, and beautiful backgrounds for your cards! Those leaves are GORGEOUS! Both cards look wonderful! Pssstt.....don't look or you might frighten it away, but the sun is making an appearance :)

Patti P. said...

I love them both...the skeleton leaves are such a clever accent for your flowers with that bg. And since I love anything tree, your second card just shines. What a great stamp and love the way you have layed out your design. Tfs.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love them both, the twine on the second is a perfect little addition. Love the the background and flowers on the first one. Hope the sun comes out soon for you guys in the East.

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are both so lovely - love the colors and shine! and that twine is perfect on that second card...fun to just "create" with stash (-:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both are absolutely spectacular...But I'm with Olga the first is my fav! Love every wonderful element!

Betty Benton said...

Loving the colors of that first card, Mary Anne -- and the two sizes of labels on the second one -- with the twine it looks like one is hanging from the other.