Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Don't You Just Love New Stamps?

I received an order the other day from Impression Obsession and I was so impressed with the service. The image I decided to play with today is called Starflake. I first stamped my focal image in Night of Navy and I tried not to center it. I then stamped the same image in Sahara Sand ink off the edges. I used a couple of shades of blue pencils and OMS to color the flake and then added gems for a bit of sparkle. I matted on a light blue and then onto a Sahara Sand card base. My sentiment is from Inkadinkado as are the tiny little flakes. The tiny flakes are accented with an opaque white gel pen.
My inside sentiment is "There's snow place like home for the holidays". Not the traditional Christmas colors, but I think that it works. So, I guess I have officially started Christmas. What a relief! I don't want to jump the gun too fast as their looks like there will be some amazing new stamps to play with after the Gina K. release party tomorrow night. If you get a chance, stop buy the Gina K. Designs link over at Splitcoast Stampers at 8:00 p.m., Thursday for some fun contests and amazing inspiration! Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Lovin the clean look to this card! Simply beautiful!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful!! Yes I love new stamps and this is going to sound strange but I just love the smell of Gina's new stamps!!

craftieodmae said...

Mary Ann, this is beautiful!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the stamps! I need to get started on my Holiday cards too.

Jennie said...

Beautiful Mary Ann! Love the size of the snowflake and the colors. I am so ready for Christmas...the new Christmas stamps from GKD look amazing...eeks, see you at the party :o)

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this IS a really pretty snowflake,,,really lends itself for mass stampin'! love how you did it! yep, nice to finally get "officially" started, isnt it :)))....Christmas cards are my favorite to do!

Payne Holler Cards said...

and love that little puppy aaaawwwwwwwwww so cute!