Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hoot! Hoot!

I really wanted to make a card for you all today, before I went to work. Do you find yourself buying these expensive magazines on stamping and cards, looking at it and then setting it aside? Well, what I have done with my Take Ten magazine, is to shut my eyes, flip the pages and point to something. Where I landed is the inspiration for this card..... silly? Maybe, but it worked for me!
I had purchased the Gem Stone Birds set from Inkadinkado, on sale, and it contained this adorable owl. I stacked and stamped him in Saddle Brown, Stazon. I added amber gems for his big old eyes. The sentiment was from an off brand valentines day set I found at AC Moore, which also was owl themed. The rest of the card was just scraps from my bin. The wood grain is a stamp I have had for a bit that just frustrates me to no end. It's a wood mount from All Night Media and I have yet to get a clean print from it. I have even tried changing stamping surfaces to get the middle to stamp clean but it is useless. I love it, so I can only cut strips and strategically place them.
Well that is it for now, and I will hurry back from work so that I can be ready for the Gina K Designs release party tonight. Have a great afternoon!

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love how you got the inspiration for this card! So awesome! Love the owls!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oops thought I'd left one comment must have missed the security thingie!!!!!!
Love your card and admire the way you get your inspiration - great idea. Good to say hi at the release - I couldn't stay for the whole thing but what I saw I loved think it could be a major spend this month!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hey! I loved how you got your inspiration - we'll take it any way we can get it LOL ...my MIL loves owls...you're my inspiration for her bday card...tfs

sorry I missed you at the release party - I was up to my eyeballs in "hot links" LOL...never even heard of that before last week!!!