Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally a post!

Sorry I have not posted for a few days but there have been some family things that have kept my mojo on a low level. It's time to kick the worries to the curb, and get back in the swing of things.

As much as I would love to get started on Christmas cards, I needed another Thanksgiving card for sending.


I used a collage stamp for Outlines Stamp Company. The stamp name is "Split Layering Collage-Blessings H-794. One of my very favorite things about Outlines stamps, is that you can cut all the images apart to lay them out on your card in different ways. I colored it in pencils and markers, layered it on a white and chocolate layer to give it a nice edge. When I was done it still needed something so I pounced it with my Versamark pad and added one layer of UTEE. Now this left the piece with a bumpy texture, and I had every intention of adding more UTEE and perhaps doing cracked glass technique on it. I ended up just loving it with the one coat. It looked more like stained glass. My dp is an unknown. My sentiments inside and out are from Theresa Momber's new set "Autumn Beauty" which is available through Gina K. Designs.


Have a sweet Autumn day and be creative!

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

All I can say is OMGosh! It does look like stained glass! How awesome is that!

redwasher1 said...

This is beautiful and your right, it looks like stained glass.

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, and yes it does look like stained glass.

Selma said...

What a beautiful "stained glass" card. You did a beautiful job.

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne! Love the UTEE on this :o) Sometimes when worries get too much (or I am just tired of them...) crafting is the BEST thing :o) It just gets my mind off of them...have a great weekend, {{HUGS}}

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful stamp and I'm glad you stopped with just one layer of UTEE -- it's a gorgeous piece of stained glass work!

A Consuming Passion said...

Good to see you back Mary Anne! .....This really is a beautiful card and it does look like stained glass. I have to ask what is UTEE? have'nt heard of that....

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sue incase you check back here, UTEE is Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. This is what people used for the cracked glass technique. If you use just straight clear embossing, it would take a zillion coats. The first coat of UTEE is bumpy, with the second it smooths out like glass when it is heated again. I great user of this is Suze Weinberg.