Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Age Takes It's Toll

I had this great saying stamp that I purchased from River City Rubber Works and have been trying to figure out how to use it. Hubby needed a funny card for a buddy at work, so I put on my thinking cap. I went scrounging on Google images, and came up with this black and white photo. I mounted it on a layer of Pure Luxury, soft sand card stock and then onto a white base card. I did the sentiment in a inside/outside format and cut the front part out in an oval Nestability. On the inside, I added Happy Birthday and the rest of the sentiment. Silver studs are my only extra embellishment.
Hubby has been keeping me real busy lately with all the cards he needs for work. I sure don't mind but I am so lousy with ideas for guy cards. Hope his buddy likes it!
I wanted to tell everyone about some sweet blog candy I found over at Jennie Harper's blog. If ya want to go check it out, you can do so here. She will be choosing the winner on September 7th. Her work over there is simply amazing!
On a more somber note....... One of my dear friends, Tina, over at Stamp TV lost her Father-In-Law to cancer today. I just want to express my deepest sympathy to her and her family.

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Sorry to hear about Tina's FI, sad, on an up note, your card is wonderful! he will love it!

Payne Holler Cards said...

your card is great! perfect to go with sentiment! will pop over to Tina and let her know thinking about her and family.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is so cute! It's a great "man" card!