Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day! I am sorry Summer is at it's end for all you beach lovers and outdoors people, but I have been itching for Fall for weeks now. The new color challenge over at Stamp TV is to use Yellow, ivory and dark brown. My 2 light layers are ivory, Pure Luxury card stock and my deep brown is chocolate kiss Pure Luxury. Both are sold only at Gina K Designs. My huge tree was stamped in Memento, rich cocoa and is from PSX in 1995. I love this stamp and just do not find enough uses for it. I sponged on some SU, so saffron for the sky and saddle brown Stazon and rich cocoa for the ground. I mixed a few colors of Flower Soft and applied it to the ground to look like scattered fallen leaves.I wrapped my corners in swiss dot ribbon from an unknown maker. The sentiment is a rub on which I think worked well over the tree. I will eventually turn this into a Thanksgiving card. I am excited to have my DH home all this week! I am hoping we can do some day trip and have some much needed fun. Fingers and toes crossed on having good weather. There are some outside chores that also need doing. There is a brisket in the smoker which will serve as some yummy picnic food this evening. Have a fun, safe holiday!

4 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this turned out great!!! I love that stamp too, have it buried in here somewhere....AND your flower soft was perfect accent! hope you enjoyed your brisket (ummmmm ummmmm goood!) have fun with hubby!
Linda

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne! Love the ribbon and that stamps. Your FS looks fabulous and I am looking forward to getting some soon :o) Have fun with your dh!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful---love the sentiment rub on over the tree....perfect!!! Bring on the Fall!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is one awesome card! It's simply beautiful!