Monday, September 21, 2009

Finishing Up Fall

Since tomorrow is the first day of Autumn, I figured I should finish up my cards so I can get them into the mail. Wasn't it just summertime with trips to the beach and catching fireflies? Sheesh, that sure went fast! Now it is time for apples and the smell of cinnamon and cooking things that need to simmer all day long. YUM!

This is also the week where my night time in the stamp room grows shorter. It's the new TV premiers this week..... ohhhh Grey's Anatomy, House, Dancing with the Stars, etc. How fun!

Okay, for my first card I would like to share one that I created with stamps that I dug out of my stash. I know that I purchased these during the 90's and they are from a company called " The Artist Stamps". My center border was made using green apple Pure Luxury card stock that was punched with my Threading Water, Fiskars punch. The watercolor looking DP is from Flavia's Peaches and Pomegranates collection. The die cuts and frame around the doves head are from K&Co. I really think I kept K&Co in business when I was scrapbooking! I must find little ways to use all these things up. Am I the only one who has hoards of this stuff?


My second card was made using one of those dollar bin stamps from Michaels. I believe the ribbon is also a dollar find. I stamped the pumpkins multiple times using Dusty Durango from SU. I went over the stems and tendrils with an olive Marvy marker. I water colored in the dirt and added some brush marker strokes to give the effect of grasses. Sorry, the dp is another grab from my stash. Again I went to K&Co. for this chipboard element. Yippee, I used something else! I feel like my card shapes get so boring but I absolutely hate having to put two first class stamps on a card because it is square! I don't mind adding the extra 17 cents if I get a little heavy. I do add that often as I am always afraid my recipient will have to pay postage due. LOL!

Number three, is one I sent to my DD and her boyfriend to wish them a Happy Fall. We have had so many laughs over squirrels the past few years, that I thought this would be appropriate. This card is also using the bargain stamps from Michaels. They have come out with a matching line of papers and embellishment all of them have the brand name, Reflections. I love the papers as they have a distressed fell, are double sided and you are able to just buy a mat stack which is plenty for card making.

Sorry if I am being a wee bit long winded, but I am wide awake and had plenty of exercise today. It is a great time to get that fall cleaning done. Washing those single rugs and such so they can dry out in the breeze. Ripping down curtains to be washed. Who am I kidding, I will be snoring before my shows even come on tonight! Take care and Happy Fall Y'all!

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are pretty dang cute!

craftieodmae said...

I love all 3 cards!!! That is why we have stash, I love running across something I forgot about having,it's like Santa has come to town LOL. When you finish cleaning come on over!

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card!! :)

I'm sorry, but candy no.1 and 3 are now closed (see the post), but candy no. 2 is still open, you will have to send me a snail mail card to be eligble for the prize. :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs Ida