Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Using Front & Backs

Many years ago, (15) while attending my first rubber stamp convention, I discovered Art Impression stamps. I didn't buy many at the time, but now I wish I had. I did however, purchase the catalog and it is one of my very favorites. These stamps are ones that I have gone to time and time again. The images are always the finest detail and really fun to color.
I created this card a year or so ago, and she makes me smile every time I am looking through my stash. Have you ever had one of those neighbors that you love to chat with over the fence or porch railing? They always have the best stories or advice? I had just such a neighbor in my first
home! We had the pleasure of living in a town home that belonged to DH's grandmom. We were the young couple and everyone knew him since he was a little boy. If you did not sit on your front porch in the evening, you missed all the neighborhood news. It was kinda fun. We even had one neighbor who sang Amazing Grace while she cleaned. It was heavenly! Anyway, my lady and sentiment are Art Impressions stamps. The flowers at her feet are stamps by Judith. I created the fence by hand and the flowers on the front of the fence are had drawn with Prima's attached. Everything is colored with OMS and colored pencils. I did some chalking to create the clouds and added so Stickles for sparkle. Art Impressions, has many fun people and animal stamps. The older stamps, still come up for auction on Ebay but you will pay dearly for them. They are well sought after. I don't think I would ever part with mine. Keep your eyes open and you might find a bargain. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Tina said...

HA HA HA!!! I LOVE it!!! I've seen these stamps and have the web site saved. Love them!

craftieodmae said...

I have never seen this type of stamp! but man yours is great, I would love to have some but I don't have an arm or leg to part with LOL. this is fantastic!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So adorable! I too love those images! I got a bunch at a yard sale this summer ! SCORE! I paid 1/10 the price! I just love all the golden oldie images!

redwasher1 said...

I love it!!!! I have this very image, different sentiment same tone. I have a few Art Impression stamps.I love the humor in these stamps.

Selma said...

So cute Mary Anne. I remember when these stamps came out but I didn't buy any. Wish I did. Maybe I will have to visit Patti since she found some.

Kerrie said...

Wow, love the stamp... looks like me from behind (LOL)

Payne Holler Cards said...

These are some of my favorite stamps also - you did such an adorable card...and this can't be Kerrie - I think it's me :)...we've always lived out in the country! no porch news!

ps your cards over on STV blew me away! I spent almost half an hour in your gallery!