Sunday, September 13, 2009

What do Wheeee and Bump have in common?



This week, over at Stamp TV, Gina came up with an interesting challenge. It is called soot stamping. Now mind you, the challenge is not hard at all once you find the right soot maker. Lol! I tried so many different candles I never thought this challenge was going to happen. It ends up you need a cheapie candle. No Yankee's, no PartyLites, no Woodwicks and certainly not an expensive dinner taper. Just a plain old, junky, cheapo pillar candle worked perfectly! You must do it on glossy card stock and keep it moving so you don't catch it on fire. Once you get the paper good and sooty, just stamp a clean dry stamp right in the soot. The Motorcycle Mama is from 1991 and is a Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper stamp. Be careful you do not get it full of fingerprints after you stamp. Spray with a sealer or if you don't have any, hair spray will work. Just do not spray near your candle!!!!!!!
My second card was created the same way. It really does give a very eerie appearance. I think this is just perfect for any of your Halloween cards. This one was created using Gina K.'s Tree Silhouettes stamp set. My things that go bump in the night saying is a rub on from DCWV. The designer papers used in both projects, are Basic Grey, Eerie.
I am going to make this a short post tonight, as I am rather exhausted from weddings, birthday parties, cooking and just plain enjoying the last couple of days of my DH's vacation. Hope everyone had a fun filled weekend. See you soon!

6 comments:

redwasher1 said...

WOW! You blew me away with this one! Totally awesome!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are awesome! I really, really like the biker mama! It just cracks me up!LOL!

Kerrie said...

Wow, the technique is awesome. Soon as I saw the biker mama, I thought of kimmie..... (LOL)

Payne Holler Cards said...

your my first blog to pop in and visit and I'm so glad I did...you made me laugh at 6:30am (I'm barely awake) but I can just picture this wake of candles!! I tried this with my Yankee and burned up a whole piece of cardstock (cut in 4ths, 4 tries)...and gave up! I like your determination :)...Cards are awesome! love that ghost mama biker and those trees are perfect for Halloween! I'm still smilin....
Linda

Melanie said...

got it, thanks! glad i know where you are now, do you have this addy on your STV page soemwehre so that people can find you? i may have just missed it....

Theresa's Studio said...

Thought I'd drop by and see your blog. I had same problem with candles ...took me awhile to find one with soot. Glad you stopped at my blog. Theresa P.