Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wedding Wishes

Good morning, everyone! About a year and a half ago, I received a frantic phone call from a dear neighbor and she told me that her daughter was getting married and would I help them figure out how to make "Save the Date" cards. She had a specific idea in mind so before they arrived at my door I came up with a version that I thought was elegant, but fairly simple. Well they loved it and I sent them home with a list of what they would need, my stamp and my sample. Months went by and I often wondered how they had made out. One day I came home from work and found a bag in my mailbox containing my stamp and a note. It said..... "Thanks but it did not go well so we decided to order them". I just smiled, realizing that wedding can be so frantic and totally understanding. Well here we are many months later, and Saturday is her big day. I decided that her wedding card just had to be made with that very same stamp! This is what I came up with. The flower is an Anna Griffin image made by All Night Media. My inside and outside sentiments are from Rupa Shevde's , "With This Ring" stamp set over at Gina K Designs. I used my Nestabilities Pendant die to create the lacy addition. Tiny dots of Stickles were added to the centers for a bit of sparkle.
Another cute little addition to this story is that the couple met in college at a party. After talking for a bit they realized they lived in the same town. After a bit longer, they realized they live one street apart their whole life. When I walk out my back door, I can see both of their houses! Isn't that just the cutest story?

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So adorable, both the story and the card!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card and I love that story.

Payne Holler Cards said...

isnt it funny how things work out!! She is going to love getting this card...and you're right! It is so elegant!!! Enjoy the wedding :)
Linda

Kerrie said...

Very pretty card, she will adore it.....