Friday, March 10, 2017

What's Old is New Again!

   
     I decided to reach way back into my stacks of old stamp sets, and just pick one.  This is the one that landed in my hand.  It is SU!'s Measure of a Life.  I stamped the dragonfly in Old Olive ink, and die cut it with a stitched square die from Gina Marie.  I water colored it with Zig Clean Color markers and then applied Wink of Stella.  I used a basic white card base with some Bazzill, Lizard card and a scrap of Pebbles Cool Pool designer paper.  Added 3 little green pearls and done.

     This will be entered in the Cards in Envy, Keep it Simple challenge.

     We are in the middle of a snow storm right now, and hubby has a case of food poisoning, so it is making for quite the interesting Friday!  Hope that your Friday is way better.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

Gosh, this card is beautiful! I'd forgotten I once had this beautiful stamp, but thinking I was done with it, I gave it away. So glad you pulled it out and used it, because everything old is new again :)

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is beautiful, so glad you are not out in the snow. Hope that Jim feels better soon. Question you use that wink of stella often which one do you have and is it drying up?

jimlynn said...

Oh UCK on the food poisoning and the snow storm!!! Yikes! Hope your husband starts feeling better soon - that's no fun at all. Hopefully the snow will pass soon.

Love your card and gosh, I need to pull out my older stamps too. Have too many that I've never even used before.Love your coloring with the Zigs on this pretty, pretty card
Lynn

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Mary Anne! Love the colors of this and love seeing an old set given new life! Hope your hubby is feeling better today! Stay warm, my friend!! Burrrrr!

Janice M said...

What a fun layout! Love you water colored image too. It's fun using old forgotten stamps. Hope your hubby is feeling much better today. Ready for more snow on Monday/Tuesday?!!

LisaM said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!