Thursday, March 2, 2017

Dogwoods


     I used my Unity KOM from January 2014 to create this soft paper pieced card.  My card base is crumb cake, and I used snips of papers from my scrap bin to do my background and paper piecing.  I added a strand of spring green pearls to finish off my butterfly.

     I would like to enter this card at Shopping Our Stash #292, a color palette.


     Also, since I used snippets I will send this over to Pixie's Snippets Playground weeks 269 & 270.

     Hope all is well in your little part of the world, and that
you are getting your craft on!

9 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne - I love how you've matched up the stamped image and paper piecing with the background paper. Brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love, love your Dogwoods very pretty colors.

Carol L said...

This is paper piecing perfection! Love how those papers perfectly coordinate together on the dogwood blooms!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous colors and a totally gorgeous card! I love the softness of this and the beautiful dogwoods. We don't have those down here but they do in East Texas and it's a sight to behold when they're blooming.
Lynn

Janice M said...

So soft and pretty! I love paper piecing and those blooms look great done that way. At the rate the weather has been going the Dogwoods will soon be blooming! I have daffodils an crocus blooming now.

Wendy said...

What a beauty, Mary Anne! Such a spring feel to your pretty paper and I love the butterfly! I am eagerly awaiting the dogwoods when they start blooming! Right now Mother Nature cant make up her mind if she wants winter or spring!

lauren bergold said...

beautiful card! gorgeous dogwood branch! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Mary Anne.


Love and hugs
Maarit

Mimi said...

Very nice use of your stash, and thank you for sharing at Shopping Our Stash this week for our color challenge. The dogwood is beautiful.