Thursday, March 16, 2017

Use Your Stuff #255


     Oh boy, do I have stuff.  I am afraid to count my embossing folders and as I was searching through them, the other day, I found this lost gem.  Bamboo, by Darice.  Yes I have Asian stamps to use with it.  I also have that whole collection of unmounted stamps in my stash.  I have no clue who made this fortune cookie or sentiment, but they are in my stuff! These were stamped and fussy cut, then popped up.  I used a brown Distress ink directly on the folder, ran it through, and then outlined the leaves with a Copic marker.  I then decided it needed a little shine so I swiped the surface for accents of Brilliance, Galaxy Gold ink.


      I would like to enter this card at Use Your Stuff Challenge #255 which is Dry Embossing Machine or Hand.

     Here is hoping that everyone is dug out and travel is becoming less stressful.  Thanks for the visit!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card, Mary Anne! I so love that Bamboo embossed background and how you highlighted in with ink! Those fortune cookies are awesome! I love how you popped the leaves up with color and the gold shimmer you added. I bet this is very pretty in real life! TFS and have a great day! I think we are dug out here but since we live kinda on the outskirts of Red Lion there is alot of roads being closed due to drifting/blowing snow. Yesterday was bad with those crazy winds! Stay warm & safe! Hugs~

Carol L said...

Yes, you do have some great embossing folders - this being one of them! I love the Chinese fortune cookies and hugs proverb. That gold brilliance ink really put a shine on this fun card! NJ!

jimlynn said...

By inking the embossing folder you really get a lot of depth on the bamboo in the background - and it's striking! So pretty and love the fortune cookies too.
You need to move Mary Anne - then you'd find things like this you never ever knew you even had. LOL! Love your card and glad you found the embossing folder!
Lynn

Janice M said...

That's a cool embossing folder and I love what you did with it. It really pops!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so creative and very nicely done!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card and I love that you got out some of your older stuff to create! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT co-ordinator

missgailly said...

Such a cool embossing folder and LOVE the card you made with it. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at UYS, good luck!!! Amy DT

Beth McCullough said...

I'm glad you found a way to use some of your stash and make this darling card! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I know I say this a lot..... You have the most interesting and diverse collection of STUFF I've ever seen and you master them all. That embossing folder is beautiful the way treated it.

Haven_mom4 said...

Your technique of pre inking is fabulous as it gives your image so much depth. Thanks for joining us at UYS