Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Couple of Creations


      I feel like I am playing constant catch-up, these last couple of weeks, so I have been doubling up on some challenge posts.  My first card is for the challenge at Use Your Stuff #256, which is Doilies.  I saw a design similar to this, over on Pinterest and it looked like fun to create with.

      My designer paper is from American Crafts and is called Cool Pool.  Yes I know I reversed the pattern on my half circles.  I looked more pleasing to my eye. I started with a white base of Neenah, added a layer of designer paper, then a doily cut in half.  The circles were created with a stitched circle die from Gina Marie.  My center piece is a stitched oval from MFT, a tall grass die cut from Sweet n' Sassy stamps, and a stitched bunny and bow from Lil Inkers.  I added Prima mini flowers and pearls as embellishments.

     I would also like to enter this card at Addicted to Stamps #144, which is Easter.  Also the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is to use more than one punch or die.  I used plenty of dies!


      My second card is for Cards in Envy, where the challenge is Black & White.  I just love b&w cards!  I decided to create a wedding card, since the season is close upon us.

     The designer paper is from a very old pad from Making Memories, called Black Tie.  I added a floral diecut from SU!, to my right edge.  The die is from a set called So Detailed Thinlets.  I again used a MFT stitched oval as my focal piece.  Before sticking it, I decided to add a ribbon of 1/8 inch fine dots.  My stamps and sentiments are from Inkadinkado called Wedding/Marriage.Next came the leaves and flower spray at the top.  The leaves are a very old die from SU!, and I do believe it is the first die I ever owned. They are cut from a charcoal grey metallic card stock. The flowers are from SU! mini punches, with added pearl centers.

     We had a couple of really nice days here in Eastern PA, but it sounds like winters chill will be back tonight.  Stay warm and cozy!  I am sorry for the long post and hope you made it through it!

     I just realized that my card has no stamping at all, (how did I manage that?)  so it will not be eligible at Addicted to Stamps, sorry!


13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love both of these gorgeous cards!!!

Esther Asbury said...

Love your chocolate bunny in his nest of flowers and grass! So pretty!

Wendy said...

Both are beautiful cards, Mary Anne! Love the springy colors and patterned paper on the Easter Bunny card! The wedding card is perfect in these colors and of course I do love that bride & groom image and the lovely spray of flowers! Great job on both! Yes, old man winter is back a few days but atleast the snow has for the most part melted so I can handle a day or two of cold weather....as long as there is NO more snow! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

missgailly said...

Two gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

jimlynn said...

Two beauties! The little rabbit and the way you used the doily is precious. Love those tiny flowers. The next card is elegant with a Big Capital E! Gorgeous!
Wish I could send you some of this springtime weather we're having. About time for y'all to thaw out up that way.
Lynn

Carol L said...

Great two-fers for Easter and a wedding. I like the 2 doily panels with that fun dsp and dark chocolate bunny. The wedding card is elegant with those intricate dies and pretty image too! Well done on both.

Sandy Trefger said...

Both cards are beautiful! The one for our black & white challenge is stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Janice M said...

Beautiful cards Mary Anne! I like Blk & Whi cards too they are so elegant. Between you and Carol I'm going to need to cave an get that darn bunny die cause it makes the cutest and yet elegant cards! Great job!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
These are beauties, they were not here yesterday morning when I looked LOL That bunny is just the best and the die from su is amazing.

Annie S. said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Your black & white card is a real stunner and we're glad you played along in the Cards in Envy Challenge!

Amanda said...

Both of these are lovely! I just love how you used the two doilies on that first card! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Mary Anne, these are both so beautiful ! I love that bunny die and the way you've framed it. Stunning work! Hugs, Autumn

Teresa Kline said...

hello mary! these are both gorgoeus, luv the designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*