Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Trees


     Today I have a card I created a bit ago and never posted.  I was on a roll for awhile replenishing my stash of retirement cards, and this was a favorite.

     I embossed on water color paper using the birch tree embossing folder from Sizzix.  I then used a water brush to watercolor and get my colors where I wanted.  Then hitting the tops of the trees with a Versamark pad I sprinkled on a little bit of clear embossing powder, to create highlights.  My sentiment is also stamped with Versamark and embossed in gold on a strip of vellum.  A Martha Stewart punch was used to create the leaf.  My designer paper that is peeking out is a scrap from my stash.

     I would like to enter this at Cardz 4 Guyz #162, which is trees.

     Hope you enjoy what I made, and that you have some mid-week happiness!  I did a late night post last evening, and if you would like to check it out you can find it here.

     My trees card was chosen in the Top 3 this week.  Thanks so very much!

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

So peaceful and elegant looking. Love this card Mary Anne!
Lynn

Carol L said...

This is one of your best ever! Love the watercoloring in the background and the shimmer to the trees. Love the vellum panel too.

Janice M said...

Great card! I need to try that.....embossing on watercolor paper and then coloring it. Makes for a perfect masculine card.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This one is absolutely stunning, love the water coloring and the way you treated the birch trees amazing

Wendy said...

So pretty, Mary Anne! Love how you colored this on the watercolor paper! The leaf and your embossed sentiment is a wonderful touch! Great retirement card!! :)

Julie B said...

Love the embossed background and the leaf is a nice touch.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Joan said...

Love the water colouring behind the trees, lovely card

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan