Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Shell-A-Brate


     Look out, I have been on a roll!  LOL!  This card started when I unpacked an embossing folder with pretty shells.  I decided on colors in Crumb Cake and Powder pink SU ink.  I inked my folder with bits of both color and liked what I saw.

   
     Found my PSX shell stamp, from many moons ago. and washed it a bit with a water brush.  My die cuts were cut from scraps of card and the dies are from Gina Marie.  I just love her marine life dies! This uses the seaweed, starfish, and coral dies. The sentiments were just grabbed from here and there, but I think they came together nicely.  Embellishments are metallic gold striped Washi and diamond Stickles.

     How about I take this card over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Anything Goes!

     I think that retirement now gives me the option to take my time each day creating cards and do them with specific people in mind.  Life is good!

   


6 comments:

Carol L said...

This turned out just awesome! I love the colors added to that fabulous embossing folder and the sentiment is fabulous! Unpacking old stuff makes it all new again, and it's so much fun re-discovering all those goodies we've had in our stash!

Esther Asbury said...

I love sea themed cards and yours is just gorgeous! Love that embossed background and the large shell! Doubly sweet that you finished the inside!

jimlynn said...

I think retirement must be looking good on you. This is knock dead gorgeous! Love the colors and the embossing of the shells. SO lovely!!!
Lynn

Wendy said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the embossed shells on the background layer and your beautiful sea life scene! SO pretty! I am SO happy to see you back to stamping! Keep'em coming! :)

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards! Really like that embossing folder. Don't remember ever seeing that one before. You did a fabulous job using it!

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card, brilliant embossing folder which works brilliantly with your marine dies.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
luv
Debby