Tuesday, April 23, 2019

In Our Thoughts......


     Well, isn't it funny how you can see a pretty piece of paper, and it inspires you to create something?  That is what happened here!  A while ago, my DD and I exchanged our scraps and this piece was in her's.  I pulled it out and after staring at it for a bit, decided to also pull out my unused stamp set  called Lasting Lily.  The sentiments in this set are so beautiful, as are the stamps
.
     I stamped in colors of SU ink that consisted of Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Baja Blue and Rich Razzleberry.  After stamping, I cut both pieces out with MFT in and out stitched ovals.  I used a water brush to color most of the flowers and leaves and then added a few touches of Copic marker.

     I would like to enter this over at the Through The Craft Room Door site where it is anything goes.
Plus I shall take this over to the challenge at The House That Stamps Built, which is Anything Goes, also.

     As much as I am not thrilled making sympathy cards, I do like how this one came out!  Hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

So gorgeous. I really like that background paper and the stamp is so unique. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow - those lilies match your designer paper perfectly! What a beautiful card!
I'd love for you to come join the fun in the "Anything Goes" link party this week over on The House That Stamps Built!
https://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/anything-goes-challenges/anything-goes-challenge-a2419/

Wendy said...

Wowzers, those lilies match that paper perfectly! Love the Lasting Lily set and all the beautiful sentiments that are in it! Great job of showcasing those beautiful blooms here! Sympathy cards are sometimes hard to make but you did a wonderful job here! Love it! :)

Carol L said...

That was a good idea to swap scraps - funny how things inspire us that don't inspire others! It's a perfect image for a sympathy card and the colors are just right too. I love making sympathy cards to keep on hand so I don't have to rush to make one when the occasion arises.

Shirley-Anne said...

Great work coordinating colours and paper within this beautiful card . Thanks for sharing with us here athttp://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry .
Shirley-Anne DT

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card! Great colors!

Heather said...

This is so beautiful!! Love that paper and your beautiful stamp; they are a perfect match! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Esther Asbury said...

So happy you linked up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built! I hope you'll join us again!