Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sketch Challenge

   
   
     This week, for the Unity Show and Tell Challenge, on FB, there is a Sketch to follow.  I always have to push it a little.  There was a stamp in the April 2014 KOM that I wanted to use, so my panel may be a bit wide.  I do, however, like the results.

   
     I stamped the image from Botanical bliss on white with Versafine Onyx Black ink and coated it with clear embossing powder while it was still wet.  After heating, I framed my image with Micropore tape to form a border.  Out came the Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, and Peacock Feathers.  My designer papers are from Pink Paislee's Hey Kid collection.  I stamped my sentiment from the same kit and mounted my panel with foam tape, for dimension.  My row of 3 embellishment are tiny butterfly punches from MS with added K&Co gem stones.

     Enjoyed the Final Four game, last evening!  Sorry, all of you Oklahoma fans, but Villanova handed you your hats and sent you packing!  Go Wildcats!  We are also dealing with weather extremes today.  Praying the power stays on!

4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I really like this sketch and your flower looks beautiful backed with those very pretty colors. Nice Job. We got ab out 1.5 inches this morning and it keeps going from bright sun to blowing snow the the streets are clear so all is good around here.

Carol L said...

The main panel is just lovely with those vivid colors! Great take on the sketch with those butterfly accents too!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, and great job with the sketch!
Yes, those winds that we had were very scary! (We have a tree that's too close to our house...always makes Jim nervous on windy days!)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty colored background!