Thursday, April 14, 2016

A New Color Challenge for Show and Tell


     This week I dug way back in the archives to find this Unity Store Kit, which is a split kit.  One half is called All About the Journey, and the the other is called Bold Insight.  I used stamps from both halves.  I do believe I will leave this card without an inside sentiment for now.  This would be great as a graduation card or also to send someone on their way to a new job.

     The colors for this challenge are grey and teal.  I just love both. so here is how it came together.

     My card base is a silver grey metallic, followed by a layer of white and then black.  I cut a stitched panel with Lil Inkers dies and did the smoosh technique with SU inks.  The colors are Smokey Slate and Lost Lagoon.  Next came my stamps and I highlighted the compass rose with a teal Copic.  My embellishments are waxed black twine and a silver star charm.

Have a fantastic day, and I sure do hope this nice weather continues!  The visit is so appreciated.


4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I, too, love these two colors together. You made a simply beautiful card. This card is nice and uplifting and offers a lot of encouragement to it's recipient.

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this is AWESOME! Wow! Love the background and that sentiment and image are fabulous. Fabulous card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

This is really a great color combo, and I love that sentiment too! NJ on the background as well.

craftieodmae said...

Very pretty, love the sentiment!