Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Second Entry


     I had so much fun making the teal and grey card below, that I had to give a second card a go.  That and the fact that everything was still on my desk....LOL!


     I used some Bazzill embossed dot card stock for my base and watercolor paper for the rest.  The Unity stamp I used is one of their Itty Bitty sets called Relax, Renew, Restore.  The inks are SU and the colors are Lost Lagoon, and Smoky Slate.  I cut the oval after stamping the lilacs 3x and sponged the edges.  A water brush was used to pull some color into the blossoms.  I did not want to throw the negative so I created a patterned frame with the gray ink.  I popped the oval with foam tape to give dimension.  For embellishment, there are SU candy dots.  MS butterfly punches and a piece of homemade wrinkle ribbon.

     Today is yard work day.  It is suppose to be beautiful.  I mostly supervise the boss so he does not pull out my good plants.  Being deathly allergic to bees, this is my very favorite time of year since they are not real active yet.  Hope you are having a real pretty day also.

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Another stunning card! I just love those colors together and this card is a beauty for sure. LOVELY!
Have fun with all the supervision/yard work. Send some of that pretty weather down this way - having rain here today. Don't get stung by a bee for goodness sake. Jim's allergic to wasps, bees, etc. and we always have to have the EpiPen ready. Be careful and have a great day.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Now this is a true thing of beauty. I love these colors and just everything ab out this card. Be careful out there today and make sure the "boss" does what he is told. LOL

Carol L said...

These colors look fantastic with those beautiful flowers! I love the oval framework and pretty ribbon too!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, LOVE the color combo, so very pretty. Flowers look fabulous and card design is lovely.

Hugs
Sue