Friday, April 29, 2016

A 2 Fer Today!


      My folder for cards to post is getting out of hand, so I thought maybe today I would double up on my post.  My first card is one that I designed and created for my DS's 32nd Birthday.  I found this really cool scrap of outdoor paper and I just ran with it.  We both love nature, and I was pleased with the masculine feel that it had when completed.

Papers:  Bazzill Basics Aspin cardstock, Designer paper unknown,
Dies:  Memory Box deer family, Lawn Fawn stitched leaves
Stamps:  Sentiment from Unity,
Inks:  Distress Ink old paper, SU ink wild wasabi
I used the SU piercing mat and added a scrap of green woven ribbon.

    This card will also be taken over to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

     My second card is an Easter creation that just did not get posted.  This weather has been so crazy, that the lilacs are just now popping open here.  Add that to the fact that Easter was so dang early this year, and we have my slowness to post.  Just saying......


     I found a fantastic post with this inspiration photo that drew me in.  So happy that I saved it now!


     For this one, I rounded the corners of my base card, added a layer of shimmering lavender card, and then my stamped top panel.

     I used the two step Lilac stamps from SU!, an unknown sentiment, added a square doily and a gemstone butterfly by Recollections.

     I will be entering this at the Card Concept 54 which is spring flowers, and this inspiration photo!

Thanks for visiting and making your way through this long post.

6 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

These are both really neat cards! Your son had to have loved his card. I love lilacs and I really like your pretty card. I just noticed this morning that our lilac bush is blooming, always helps to make my day!

craftieodmae said...

both are gorgeous...bet Kenny loved this card!

Carol L said...

Oh my, I think I can smell those lovely lilacs from here! What a gorgeous card! And I'm sure Kenny liked his cool birthday card too! You brought the outdoors onto this great creation! NJ!

jenn shurkus said...

fabulous cards :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

LauraJane:) said...

Wonderful Masculine and delightfully Feminine cards. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

Kerin said...

WOW this is beautiful! I love the addition of the doily and your lilacs are lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)