Thursday, January 12, 2012

Timeless Tuesday #151


     Good Morning!  It seems that Blogging is behaving now, so I thought I would try doing my post.  It has been pouring here since dinner time last night, and I am not sure if that is what prompted this card or not.  For Christmas, Santa brought me some new Flourishes sets and I have just had time to start playing with them.  This week the Timeless Tuesday Challenge is being hosted by Tammy Hershberger, and is an inspiration photo challenge.


     I started with a base of Pumpkin Spice, Pure Luxury card stock, added a layer of Pure White, and for the third layer I used Basic Grey, Green at Heart dp. I cut and embossed a Labels Ten, Nestabilities die.  Starting with a Classic Oval Nestie, I stamped raindrops from the April Showers stamp set, using London Fog Memento ink and sponged on Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.  I topped it with my sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx black.

     Now, let me tell you that I finally broke down and bought the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die that I have admired time and time again, on my friend Olga's blog.  Now I see what she means.  First off it cuts like butter. I also want say that I do not remember ever having a die that you can move around, cut apart, and embellish in so many ways!  Thanks for enabling me, Olga!


     Okay, back to my card....  I next stamped the muck boots from the set and colored them with Copics.  They were then fussy cut and coated in Crystal Lacquer, and popped over my flourish.  I finished off the card with Prima flowers and gems.

     That was such fun!  Love this set!  Especially adore the sentiments.  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I knew you would love it!!!! And I love the card, those boots are so cute!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is absolutely amazing! Simply beautiful my friend!

Kym Weber said...

Very pretty card! The colors are wonderful! Darling boot image! That Cheery Lynn die is fabulous! Love what you did with it! I ordered one from Joan's Garden - can't wait to receive it.

Carol L said...

Oh beautiful!!! I loves me dem boots!! Great colors and that flourish is fabulous! You aren't trying to enable me are you???!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great card! I love it. The boots are amazing and what coloring and colors. Guress rain is better than snow :)

Patti J said...

Do you have any snow boots? lol....snow and ice here today. Love your card, dear friend! Those boots are totally fun, and the die is beautiful! I actually have that die, and never remember to use it - oops! Thanks for sharing!

Sandy said...

I love this card - such a creative idea. I wish I had these boots!!
Sandy

Payne Holler Cards said...

hope this comment posts - i keep coming back to the blogs that are giving me problems to leave some "LUV"...
that die is awesome - way to go Olga! we all need that "enabler" right LOL
card is wonderful - and yep, those boots are kickers! when I got to visit England , they call these boots "wellies"..have no idea why but they came in all kinds of floral or plaid patterns...

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! Love the image but that die really makes it pop! Love it! :)

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous card! Terrific boots, pretty flourish, and the raindrops on the inside -- all pure fun!

A Consuming Passion said...

Can't believe I missed this card...........Gorgeous!!!! Love the swirls........and the boots :)