Monday, January 9, 2012

Jack-in-the-Box Valentine


     Well here I am again with a shaped Valentine I created over the weekend.  I was kind of just having fun, but since I does fit into the Joan's Gardens challenge #1 for this week, I will use it for a second entry there.

   
     I used my Classic Scalloped Heart Nestabilities die (the largest one), cut and embossed the edge.  Around the scalloped edge, I used my Picket Fence, Distress Ink dauber.  It turned a shade of pink on my red card stock, and I was okay with that.  Next I did my focal image with an SU! stamp set called out of the box.  It gives you different options as to what you want jumping out at you.  Luckily there was a cute heart! As usual, all of the sparkle I added with my stardust pen is not showing up.  I did add touches of color with Copics, and then cut out the image with my new Spellbinders, Labels Twenty-Three die and sponged on a bit of London Fog Memento ink.  My twine and crochet flower are from Pizzazz Aplenty, and the little open heart charm , plus gunmetal flower center are unknown.  My front sentiment is from Studio G, and the inside sentiment is an unmounted from my stash which I can't identify.

     Thanks so much for taking a look.  If you need to see all of the rules for the Challenge at Joan's Gardens, please see my previous post, or visit Joan and play along.  Have a great Monday!

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

now that is one gorgeous card!!!!! Love the die

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
It's so much fun to just play and even more fun when you come up with a beauty like this one.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne.

Unknown said...

wow this is very pretty
like the jack in the box haeart

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, love this big ole heart, just like yours!! This is such a beautiful Valentine...love the inside sentiment.

Betty Benton said...

What a terrific card! You've done a great job -- again! I really like your sponging around the dies.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is adorable! Love the heart shaped card and the image. The inside is just so perfect, love it.

Janice M said...

What a cute card! Love the heart shape, perfect for a Valentine!

Carol L said...

Very pretty Valentine card! I love that it looks like a little pillow!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super pretty my friend!

dee marie said...

Mom - this turned out awesome!! Love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very very cool MaryAnne!

Kym Weber said...

Such a darling Valentine card! Love it! The sentiment inside is so perfect!

Wendy said...

So pretty! Love this! :)