Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Potion #9


I broke out an older Unity Store kit to create this Valentine with non traditional colors.  I will be entering this over at the Unity Blog for the Friday, Friends with Flair entry.  I am also going to enter this at Joan's Gardens, and if you would like to join in that fun challenge, please go here to check out all of the details.


The Unity Store Kit that I used was from October 2009.  I just love the little test tubes and the saying, and the flourish I used on the frame was also in this kit.  I figured that shades of teal were non traditional colors.  I used a new Sizzix embossing folder called Diamond, on my frame.  My designer paper is super old 8 1/2 x 11 paper by Current, of all places!  I sponged the edges with one of the Winter Limited Edition Distress Inks called Evergreen Bough.  The images were highlighted with a Sakura Stardust pen.  For my embellishments I used a lace bow, teal pearls, Prima flowers, and some pretty pearl and gem centers.

That's it for me this morning.  Waiting to see what this crazy weather is going to do, and then think about heading out to work.  TGIF!  Hope you have a fun weekend planned.

31 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I'm finally in on this one. I can't comment on the others as it will not let me in. I love those boots! This card is fantastic! I love everything about it. Those swirls, test tubes and the sentiment.

Kary said...

What a fabulous card, Mary Anne!! I love the cute images and the colours you used. Great card!!

Jingle said...

Adorable card! I just pulled this set out last night thinking I should use it for a Valentine's Day card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute Mary Anne! Mother Nature is acting up here... she thinks it's winter )0=

Caroline D. said...

Perfect colors for love potion!! :o) Great card and so fun!

Kym Weber said...

This is so pretty, Mary Anne! Love the colors! Your flowers are beautiful! Wonderful dp! The image and sentiment are so perfect! Awesome job!

April said...

I love your colors. Great card! You did a wonderful job!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

I have this stamp and you're making me want to use it! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

now i'm singing that song in my head....love potion #9!
adorable and love these colors!
I was able to download FireFox ...so far so good!
have a great weekend (-:

Colleen said...

This is so cute. And as a teen of the 60's I remember the song blaring from the jukebox on a "45".

Great use of all the elements.

Colleen H

Becky said...

I remember the song, it is one of those songs that sticks in your head :). Your card is down right adorable :)

KER said...

LOVE IT!

Betty Benton said...

Love the "current" dp!! Used to order from them all the time. Your colors really are pretty and those flowers are gorgeous. Am having an easier time commenting today since I saw that Linda was using Firefox; I had never thought of that but am using it now!

Sarah said...

Love this sooo much! I love the colors...sooo pretty!

Linda said...

I love it super cute and great colors.

craftieodmae said...

I'm slowly getting around today, your card is absolutley over the top!!!! I love it!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cute! Love the colors! :)

Aleks said...

This is adorable! :) I have this one on my wishlist! :)

Carol L said...

Those test tubes really are cute, and I love the sentiment! Cute valentine!

JPScraps said...

SO fun. It looks a little classy and a little funky. Love it.

Peggy said...

long time since I've commented and visited. Life has been wild. THanks for keeping up with me hope all is well with you Steve is back to work Praise God! have a great week!

Crystal said...

Fantastic card, just love the turquoise!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute card...love the color!

~Tammy~ said...

Mary Anne: This is great! I love your stamp choices! So cute!

ddazzled71 said...

This is adorable, I love your use of non traditional Valentine's Colours and your embossed frame.

Glenda J said...

So fun! Love the colour combo!

Unknown said...

The warm feel of the colors here are great...what a great twist to see this awesome Unity stamp in something other than pink and reds!

Karenladd said...

This is just adorable...loving the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my FAVORITE itty bitty stamps. LOVE your great colors and coloring.

Jen W. said...

Awesome! So good to see a non- pink and red Valentine's card!

Pryn said...

Fantastic card! The color combo is AWESOME!!!