Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Is In The Air-----A Muse Studio

I found this new challenge that just posted over at A Muse Studio and thought about my stamp sets from them that needed some love.  The theme is Love Is In The Air/ Valentines.


I own both Trees 1 and Trees 2, and found the sweet sentiment about keeping a green tree in your heart.  That is all I needed, and I ran with it. I did not have a bird by A Muse Studio, so I had to improvise with one from Darcies.

I started with a white base, added designer paper from Basic Grey's Lime Ricky 6x6 pad, topping it with an embossed solid blue piece that was rubbed down with Color Box, Frost White ink.  I edged it with an EK Success border punch called English Ivy.  I stamped my images on white using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics.  Each piece was cut with a scalloped heart die from Spellbinders and sponged with Memento inks.  A couple of the negative pieces from the border punching were placed as accents, as were blue gems.


This card is perhaps for someone who is still looking for the special love.  Maybe they need encouragement on Valentine's Day.

Have a great MLK day, today.  Hope to see you again today.

16 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love your design work on this one -- such a pretty, happy card. Love how you used the negative cutouts as accent pieces!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This totally rocks... love how you used your heart shapes for your images!Creative genius I tell ya!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute card!!

Becky said...

How beautiful! Love how you created scenes in the two hearts. Love it!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, you are so clever!!!!

Kristen H said...

What a darling card! I love the blues, and that bird is too cute! I really like your layered hearts for the images, and how you used the bird and tree for separate focal points! Very creative!!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! I didn't even know Amuse Studios HAD a challenge - good to know! Thanks!!!

TOBEY said...

very pretty card! love the way you inked the hearts, and the border punch! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

Carol L said...

I love how you used these adorable images on hearts! The border punch looks so pretty too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your hearts card. You put a lot of thought and effort into your card and it shows. A+ (giggle) Can you tell it is back to school tomorrow?

dee marie said...

I love your tilted heart layout and that new border punch :) Awesome card Mom!

Kym Weber said...

What a sweet card! Your images are colored so wonderfully! Love the sponging around the heart die-cuts! Pretty blues!

Lori Barnett said...

THUD!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love birds...so your design really gives me warm fuzzy heart flutters :) Thank you so much for taking time out to visit our little challenge blog and play along with us. WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT! Let your friends know about us...we would LOVE to see more crafters join in! Plus...the awesome prizes..who can resist THAT?! hee hee hee. ((hugs))

Carla said...

This is gorgeous, Mary Anne! Thanks for playing with us at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love that punch and the colors you used - that little bluebird is a keeper (-:
mother-daughter in same challenge - love it!! hope one of you wins!

Cathy Pulickal said...

Wowzers Miss Mary Anne - this is a real beauty! I am so glad you joined us on the AMuse challenge blog!