Tuesday, January 3, 2012

House Mouse Monday Challenge #110 "New"

Here is to a 2012 full of new ideas, new friends, and new dreams!  After a little break, the team over at the House Mouse Monday site is back with a new challenge, literally.   The theme is "New", and since it sounds like there will be many new babies coming into the world this year, I took this time to start on my stash.


My base is a creamy oak tag layered with sheets of embossed designer papers.  The one is a metallic which I have hoarded for years.  If I am not mistaken, they are from K&Co, as are the diecut flowers running down the side.  I embellished them with pearls.  My House Mouse stamp is one that I won with one of the hops.  It is called "A Birdie Told Me".  So glad I got to use this cutie.  I colored with Copics, and added a sentiment to an SU! punch.  The sky was created with a scallop cut out and sponging some VersaMagic ink.

That's it for me today.  I think I will be going into work!  It is suppose to be bitter cold, so I best hit the shower and dry out before I leave.  Have a great day!

19 comments:

dee marie said...

Mom - this card is too sweet :) I just love your coloring on the hummingbird (reminds me of the one we rescued when I was little)!

The Other Patti Sue said...

It's so nice to see Dee Marie out here in cyberspace again! Super sweet card... it will bring a smile to whom ever receives it!

craftieodmae said...

this is so adorable!!!!! I need to make about 3 baby cards, or is it 4????? Oh well, I love your card!!! Be safe and don't work to hard!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Adorable!!!! This is so cute and perfect for those new babies of 2012 :) I always love how you color the House Mouse images.

Betty Benton said...

Love it, Mary Anne! I was watching a hummer yesterday but he wasn't carrying anything! I like the pearly centers on your flowers!~

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love this card, the placement of your flowers is wonderful, I can never get right. Now tell me am I'm reading too much into your words in your post or are not sharing something? LOL

Becky said...

This is just adorable Mary Anne, and you colored that humming bird beautifully.

Carol L said...

This is adorable! I simply MUST dig out my unloved House Mouse stamps and play along with these challenges too! Stay warm!!

Caroline D. said...

What a cute image and card! Your coloring is awesome!

Lori Barnett said...

How totally CUTE Mary Anne!! Thanks for playing our NEW challenge this week. We really love all our followers :)

Sue said...

Mary Ann, love your new baby card! The flower border is so pretty and your coloring is amazing as always. Really sweet image for a new Mom too. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Always love coming to see what you came up with. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh rats...seeing you make this up I am sad I gave it away LOL! You did a wonderful job MaryAnne! Love your lovely sky as well! Thanks for playing along and being such a faithful follower! Sue K

Kym Weber said...

Oh my, how precious that stamp is - absolutely adorable! Your sky is spectacular! And your coloring is so vibrant and beautifully done! Such pretty flower embellishments! What a wonderful card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Mary Ann :-) Isn't this image cute ! I love it and the colours and background are lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Excellent idea on how to make the sky! I have a cloud template for sponging, but do you think I can ever find it? Great card!

America said...

Hi MaryAnn! Love the FAB flowers, colors and details. Adorable HMF BABY card. A great take on the NEW theme. Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. We sure hope to see you playing along with us again next time! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

adorable! hmmmmm...maybe this will go to Dee!
wouldnt that be awesome (-:

Janice M said...

Oh Mary Anne this is adorable! I never saw this HM stamp before!

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, can it get any sweeter than this little guy being delivered by a hummer? Very soft coloring and yet bright and happy! Thank you for sharing your card.