Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's Time for the Rose's!

     Well here we are with 2012 just hours old, and it's time for our very special monthly challenge with the Rose's. Let me first wish you a very Happy New Year.  Here is to lots of inspiration, health, and friendship in the coming year!


     Our hostess this month is Sue Walsh, and she has come up with a great challenge for us.  We were to include: ribbon, lace, glitter, something vintage, and something recycled.  Phew!  I think I went off the deep end with this one.  As far as I know, I have included all of the elements.

     I started with a base of Ivory Pure Luxury card stock.  Did I happen to mention that my new favorite tool is a Corner Chomper?  How did I survive without this thing?  Thanks to my DD, I won't have to do that anymore.  On top of a layer of Soft Sand PL, I added a piece of vintage collage paper from Paperbilities, and just started building.There is ivory cotton lace, a black loopy edge bow, 2 stick pins with heart heads, and an assortment of colored roses.  My vintage item is a stamp that represents an old love letter  with the sentiment done with stamps by Flourishes.  Coloring was done with Copics and the edges were blended with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  Glitter was added to the playing card on the collage paper, as well as some shiny puffed hearts from K&Co.  There is a brad added to the center of the dart board, and and MS butterfly for dimension.  Can you spot my recycled item?

     If you guessed the old US Air Mail stamp, you are correct.  We found a book of them while cleaning out my FIL's estate, and I snagged them.  They have brittle vellum between them in and old booklet.  I thought it made a cute addition to my crazy collage.  I will probably use this card as a Valentine, but as of yet, there is no inside sentiment.

     Please take a few minutes to stop by and visit the other Roses to see what they have designed for you.  You can find the list of their bogs on my sidebar.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Happy New Year Mary-Anne!!! Wow just look at this masterpiece.......I love all the added detail.........perfect!!!! Love the letter stamp and the vintage Airmail stampt too. You did the challenge proud my friend...good for you!

craftieodmae said...

Oh my stars!!!! You went way over gorgeous, this is awesome, so many details, can you believe I forgot the glitter!!!! Happy New Year!

Selma said...

I think you got all the elements in Mary Anne. Your card is beautiful. Happy New Year.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Wow! Before I read the details I really thought you put the background together, that is really some dp. The elements you added are perfect. You did one to the max! Happy New Year! OK it's January 1st. Are you up and running with your special blog partner I just can't wait to see.

Betty Benton said...

This is so much fun to look at! I love the dartboard with the brad in the center and the old air mail stamp -- 10 cents -- can you believe that? And the stick pins with the hearts -- love that for your valentine theme! Great card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one major work of art WOWzers GF! It just makes me smile! LOVE the postage stamps... what a great idea! Have a super Happy New Year my friend!

dee marie said...

Hey mom!! The card came out awesome!! Love it :) Happy New Year!

Theresa's Studio said...

Happy New Year, Mary Anne! Always love to see what the Roses do each month. Wow! Great card...so many details to check out. Best wishes for a great 2012.

Caroline D. said...

Great card!! Found The Roses group via Olga. :o)

Carol L said...

This is fantastic, and I love the old stamp! It sounds like that might even be valuable to the right person :)
Happy New Year!!

redwasher1 said...

AWESOME!!! What a gorgeous card!! Happy New Year!!!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a fantastic card to ring in the new year, love it. I am so glad you have a corner chomper, I can't live without mine, great daughter you have to think of you.