Monday, January 30, 2012

My Late Rose's Challenge


I promise I am not going to whine about my sore wrist.  That was only part of what kept me from posting Kym's challenge for the Rose's yesterday.  I also had all of the kids and their partners home for the weekend.  Goodness, time sure does go fast when they are here!


Today I took my time and tried to do something outside of my comfort zone.  It is sort of a Double Dutch fold card, but I did it a a wee bit different.  We were asked to do a winter creation in blue.  I worked in more of a blue green color.


Card stock:  12x12 textured, 81/2x11 regular
Designer papers:  My Minds Eye
Stamps:  Art Impressions Mill, Whimsy Stamps Valerie's Gift, Gina K by Theresa Momber, The Giving  Tree
Punches:  Martha Stewart, and SU!
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough, and Iced Spruce
Coloring:  Copic Markers
Embellishments: mirrored snowflakes, fun foam glitter snowflakes, button, and bakers twine from my stash

I created the snowdrifts and hazy moon with torn paper and the negative from a circle punch.

Thanks for taking a peek at my project, and if you would like to see more creations by the lovely ladies of the Paper Roses, please use the links on my sidebar!  Have a wonderful week.




16 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW, I want to live in that beautiful winter wonderland! I'm totally blown away by this gorgeous work of art! Beautiful my friend!

craftieodmae said...

This was worth the wait, it's absolutley breathtaking!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Darn it, Olga said what I was going to say!! (she's always beating me to the punch, even with computer problems!!!) Your card is simply fabulous -- loved seeing Valerie's gift again!

Carol L said...

This is so outstanding and unique, and I've never seen anything like it! Beautifully detailed and so SO pretty!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh you outdid yourself -this is gorgeous!!!
but I see cutting - rest that wrist!!!
so glad you had the whole crew together - that doesnt happen so very often....rest that wrist !!!
hugs (-:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Thjis is just breathtaking! Wow it is gorgeous and so glad you were able to share with us. Hope your wrist is getting better.

Patti J said...

Hmmmm....Olga and Betty said what I wanted to say...tee hee! Beautiful card, Mary Anne! So glad that you were able to spend some time with the kids!

Liz Williams said...

In south Texas, we seldom see snow in winter, but what a beauty to behold to see winter so beautifully created on your lovely cards.

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, this has to be my very favorite of yours. I am so in love with this card. the snow drifts in front of your mill are so realistic. I love how you have created this beautiful scene, such gorgeous elements and design. WOW!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is just awesome Mary Anne! Love the fold you have done, really neat!

pssstt...I'm 'replying' to Olga because otherwise I can't comment on your blog for some reason!

MiamiKel said...

Mary Anne, this is just stunning! I love the elegance and glimmer that your card has, and the little girl is beautiful! Gorgeous coloring, fantastic scene - there is so much going on with your card, i have to keep looking to take it all in :) Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I'm following yours now so I don't miss your future gorgeous creations! Blessings! x0x0

Janice M said...

Very pretty Mary Anne! I like the colors you choose!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I've sent two e-mails and received failed message both times so I'm copy and replying on the last message here. Has your e-mail changed?
Mail server for "comcast.net" unreachable for too long
I sent this yesterday and received a failed message today so I'm resending I hope you get it this time! I even went back to look at the card today. I have to say I had tears in my eyes, I just love it.
Mary Anne,
I'm so totally blown away by this card. I'm at such a loss for words! It's breathtaking and all the time you put in this one sure paid off it is a show stopper! You know I still have yet to ink that stamp! I only wish I could put this on your blog! I hope you have found some really neat challenges to put this in! Maybe you can load it in the winter scene challenge at craft a scene on Sunday. It sure is a winner :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Mary Anne I'm so sorry to be so late commenting on your beautiful card! I've just scrolled through pages on my reader to find it :))) Saw it over at The Roses and think it's just so beautiful......I know you struggled a bit with your wrist but you created a great card I know Kym will love it!

Kym Weber said...

Oh my goodness - what a stunning creation! And I love the color - a perfect winter scene! So much work and you did an amazing job! It's absolutely breathtaking and a sure work of art! Not sure what else to say - just blew me away with its beauty!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely, and what a special card!