Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sweet Stop Sketch 141


Happy Saturday!  This morning my DD and I both woke and decided to find a challenge to do together on speaker phone!  It was so fun!  We both realized  that we talk to ourselves when we are stamping.  We decided on the new sketch at The Sweet Stop.  Here is what it looks like.


Since I had recently obtained a couple of brand new Sweet 'n Sassy, monthly flowers, I was excited to make the February one, #1099,  work in the sketch.  I normally work in an A2 size but due to the size of the Iris, I had to create a 5x7 card.  My papers are an assortment of older scraps that will remain nameless. I stamped with Versafine Ink and embossed with clear detail powder. Coloring was done with Copics and sponging is with Memento Summer Sky, with the background words done in London Fog.  I used an MS border punch for my bottom stripe.  I just had to add the little pearls to make the card look finished.

If you are looking for a fun sketch, run on over to The Sweet Stop and check out the details!  I'm not going to say that is it for today, since we may look for another challenge to do.  Stay warm, and have a fun Saturday!


14 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Lovely, just lovely! I do like that sweet gingham print paper; it's nameless so let's give it some love!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a beautiful card Mary Anne and how wonderful to share this passion with your DD!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Don't they always have the bestest sketches? Love your card, so pretty with such a feminine feel!

Patti J said...

How much fun that you and your DD can craft together this way! Your card is beautiful, Mary Anne. Like that flower image a lot, and the sketch is awesome! Great job :) Do we get to see DD's card???

dee marie said...

Hi Mom - Thanks for playing with me this morning - so much fun :) Love how your card turned out! February stamped on the side of the image was an awesome idea!

Carol L said...

You're too funny - making cards via speakerphone :) This turned out great and I'm sure you two had fun doing it :)

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card, and what a great way to create with your daughter!

Becky said...

I am glad I am not only one who talks to herself when creating :)
This is beautiful,

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, I love this!! Your papers are beautiful and this image, gorgeous. How fun to do this with DD...I am afraid Rick is catching me talking to myself quite often, what can it mean???lol....maybe we are just good company and enjoy ourselves, don't you think.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
hugs...

Cat Tidwell said...

Yep, guilty here to of talking to myself...and yep, answer myself too, lol! This is awesome Mary Anne! Love your coloring on the flowers!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love the blues and green!
how fun to craft with Dee "over the phone"....special (-:

craftieodmae said...

how did I miss this beauty!!!! Love the image and all the Feb you put in there!!!

Kym Weber said...

What a beauty! Pretty dp! Your image is so pretty and colored perfectly! Wonderful sketch and you've done it fabulously!

Janice M said...

Wow I can finally comment on this card! Darn Blogger!!Mary Anne it's gorgeous! I love the colors you used. Glad you played along with us at The Sweet Stop and hope to see you again!