Sunday, June 20, 2010

Speedy The Cat's Friend's Challenge #8

This week, over at the Mark's Finest Paper Blog, the challenge is to emboss. Woo Hoo, that is right up my alley!
I created this card using something my DD and I found while cleaning out craft drawers last night. The border and inside panel were both made by her, years ago for a scrapbook page. We left it out and both said it need to be used. Enter, the STFC and I worked the color scheme around our find. The border was a 12" but I was able to cut it to work. I used Mark's Finest set called Cupcake Birthday, which I won doing a hop here. The embossing is a new Tim Holtz, Fade called Regal Flourishes. I used Grass Green and Pure White, Pure Luxury cardstocks. The small strip of dp is an unknown. I colored my image with Copics #'s E55, R37, R39, RV10, Y17, YG06, YR02. I did some soft sponging with Colorbox ink around my sentiment. My accents are clear gems and some clear lacquer on the cherry. The inside panel has the addition of two rows of red line tape and micro beads.

To all the fathers out there, I want to wish you a very special day full of whatever floats your boat! Here, we are just grillin' and chillin'. See you again real soon!

16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Maryanne - Wonderful use of your daughter's art! Nice use of embossing also~Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I love it!!!! BEAUTIFUL cupcake!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love that border you recreated! The card is a true work of art! Gorgeous GF!

Claudine Poch said...

Awesome card. Great coloring of the cupcake. Thanks for joining us again at Speedy's Friends.

Selma said...

Yum, looks good enough to eat. Great border!

Patti P. said...

Hey Mary Anne! Love this card. Great color scheme...Your cupcake is perfect and love the microbeads.

Kerrie said...

Hi Mary Anne, great when you find something, and you can actually use it.... great card, and would love that cake, but my waist wouldn't (LOL)

craftieodmae said...

Cupcakes fill now only the tummy but the heart also! Yummy card GF!

Joanne Travis said...

This is so pretty!! Love that sweet cupcake, the colors and wonderful details.
Thanks for playing in Speedy's Friends Challenge this week, Mary Anne!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so fun when you "find" and can recyle !! this is wonderful - lovin all your details...now I need something sweet (oh yea let me just jump the old blood sugar up to 400 !!)

Liz Williams said...

Kudos to you Mary Anne for using a MFP's stamp on this adorable card this week. Speedy's Friends appreciate you playing along with us this week.

Jennie said...

Great card Mary Anne and love cupcake...I am ready for something sweet!!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Julia Aston said...

A fun cupcake card! love the DP and that great embossing! thanks for playing with Speedy this week!

dawnmercedes said...

super job! Thanks for joining Speedy Cat's Friends!

Sue said...

Wow, the inside is just as beautiful as the outside! Love the color combination and the embossing. Thanks for the prayers. I called the AC people earlier and they told me they had so many callers ahead of me that they would have to call me back. Still waiting to hear from them! Rain is our only hope until they get here! Have a great weekend and stay cool.