Sunday, June 27, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge #94 sketch

Morning everyone! Just wanted to put up a quick post with a card I made the other day. While I was scanning down the list at Daily Dare, I came across this site called Creative Belli Blog Challenges. They do a bi-weekly challenge and I figured I would give it a try. Check it out if you get a chance. I believe the new ones get posted on Wednesdays.Most of the papers are from my stash and the firecracker stamp is from Ken Brown Stamps. I always feel real good when I get to use a stamp I have had for ages. I used the Threading Water border punch from Fiskars and some red grosgrain ribbon to form my bottom edge. I added some Stickles and silver stars to the dp background for sparkle. I also did a bit of distressing around my edges with Colorbox, Lipstick Red. My images were colored with OMS and pencils.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! I may be back with more posts as the day perks on. I'm going to try and lay real low, outta hubby's hair, for the first couple days of his vacation, then I will start buttering up for trips to stamp stores. Time for my second cup of joe........

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Awesome card, been playing this morning too. Another Sarah Kay image, I love em, yep it's gonna be HOT! Hope yall accompished a lot yesterday!

Kerrie said...

Great card Mary Anne, love the colour combo..... trips to the stamp store....

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE that firecracker image.... so cute! Good luck on buttering up DH! Hope you get to shop a lot!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love this card great firecracker image! Did you say stamp store!!!!! LOL What time and what day? Maybe I could hitch a ride from an 18 wheeler LOL

Liz Williams said...

Wow, Mary Anne, this card has all the elements of a great patriotic celebration. Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Those firecrackers and stars are perfect for the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us at the Belli!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fun card!! So glad you joined us at Creative Belli. Please join us again!!