Friday, July 14, 2017

I Love Plaid!

   
     Sometimes I think that when I get a new pad of paper, I immediately use that one single sheet of plaid that the throw in as a token.  Plaid just seems to make everything right with the world.

     Today I created a card that is a little girly, but still incorporates the use of plaid.   My card will be entered over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Use Plaid.

     I started with an A2 white card base, and then added papers from the American Craft Spring collection. The ivy trail was cut from a scrap of green 2x.  The stamp and sentiment I used are something called small stamps from Hot Off the Presses.  For accents I added Petaloo flowers and a pair of Jolee's sunglasses, to truly look like a European vacation!

     Well last night was interesting with heavy storms and the TV beeping away for tornado warnings.  We only got the heavy rain, thank goodness.  Guess we ill see what we are in for today.  Thanks for visiting, and have a fantastic Friday!

5 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with the combination of patterns and die cuts you used! I love the split panels and ivy that breaks them up beautifully! Amazingly feminine and so beautiful!

Wendy said...

Another beauty, Mary Anne! Gosh, I love the papers you used and that plaid paper! SO pretty! Such a cute image for your focal point and the added flowers are perfect! TFS and hope you guys don't get the rain like you did last night. I was watching on the news when the tornado watch was issued for you's! We had absolutely nothing!

Tracy Freeman said...

I know exactly what you mean about plaid...although i tend to hoard it because it is so pretty.
A Really lovely card, love the design.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

JD/ Jill said...

I like plaid too, (and when you throw in PINK!!!) Doesn't get much better...
Adorable card! very nicely done!

Janice M said...

Cute card! I love the little accent sun glasses you added. I have a thing for pretty plaid paper too! ;-) Those storms skipped us last week but we got hammered yesterday even had hail!