Friday, July 21, 2017

A Little Bit of Christmas!


     So they call it Christmas in July... quite the struggle, since we have had temps ranging from 90 to over 100 degrees.  It is a struggle to get this old body functioning!

     Today I have a card which will fit into a few challenges.  It started with a white base card and then I added a layer of holiday designer paper from The Hot Cocoa collection by American Crafts.  Using my stitched circle dies, I cut two, one in black and the other out of watercolor paper.  I sprinkled on Scarlet Brusho's.  I cut my sentiment stamp from IO from the same piece.  The circle was then stamped with the very classic SU set called Lovely As A Tree, and assembled with a Doodlebug Paper Frill between the circles.  I cut the Memory Box deer family from white card and placed them over my circles, using a red scrap as an anchor.  My embellishments are gold sequins, and aglitter sticker from Martha.

I would like to enter this at the following:

Cardz for Guyz #174:  Christmas in July

Double D Challenges:  B & W w/a Pop of Color.... mine is red!

Little Red Wagon # 403:  Christmas in July

     I hope you enjoy what I have made and I appreciate your visits and comments!


11 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful Christmas card and I commend you! LOL ... I feel your pain! 90s here in NE Ohio too and I'm ready for a cool down! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White with a POP of Color’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Wendy said...

This card is beautiful, Mary Anne! So many things to look at on it! Love the circle panel with the trees stamped on and those deer diecuts are just perfect! Such a pretty Christmas card, my friend! TFS and yes, this heat is a bit too much. I'm not wishing for winter but some cooler more comfortable weather would be SO nice! Happy Friday! Hugs~

Carol L said...

I love all that's going on with this pretty Christmas card! The white deer look so outstanding against that great dsp and pretty red pops of color throughout! NJ on this and stay cool! Whew!! It's a scorcher out there today!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You go girl! You have been so busy and two christmas cards. What kind of die was that one that punched out the dotted circles? Yes this one is beautiful also, I just love the way you are using all your dies. Your creations are always putting a smile on my face.

JanR said...

Fab card! I really like the design. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Mary Anne! Love all of the detail work on this. I am also making Christmas cards in July and yes, it is too hot to be thinking of December holidays. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Black/White with a Pop of Color" Challenge.

Darnell said...

Layer after layer of gorgeousness, Mary Anne! It's an awesome Christmas card even tho it is hard to think of Christmas in July here, too, where we are having temps like yours! Ugh! I think the whole country is boiling and I hope it ends soon! Hugs, Darnell

Janice M said...

What a great card! Love your layout. Sure hope the weather is less "steamy" this week. I need to get back into the card making but seems only must have DT stuff is getting done here lately!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the deer! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

Sue said...

There is something so majestic about deer. Wonderful card and the colors are beautiful.
Perfect winter scene.

Hugs
Sue

Maria said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
/Maria, DT