Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Little Bit of Christmas


     Good morning, my crafty friends!  Today I have a card, created for the Tuesday Morning Sketches, #411.  It is a classic sketch with a twist of adding Christmas.


     My own little twist is that I have no clue who designed this stamp.  I won it from a challenge in the UK and it was permanently attached to a rocker block.  It stamps very well.  I also used some mirrored silver card stock, ribbon with silver edging, and a red Doodlebug Paper Frill.  The image was stamped in Real Red ink by SU!.  Designer paper is from the NOEL collection by American Crafts.

     Hiding from the heat, today.  Hope to do lots of stamping!  Thanks for the visit.

5 comments:

Janice M said...

What a great Christmas card Mary Anne! Love the touches of silver. Glad you could join us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Wendy said...

Just one word for you today, Mary Anne.....GORGEOUS! Love EVERYTHING about it! :)

Carol L said...

That's a very pretty Christmas image, and I love the fancy little bow too! It's great to have you playing along with the TMS challenge again this week! Good luck!

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful Magi image. It's gorgeous with that poinsettia paper. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Di said...

Hi Mary Anne! I hopped over to check things are OK and found this gorgeous card.

I can solve the mystery about the stamp! It's probably a good few years old and a bit of a collectors item now as it's been discontinued. It's called 'We 3 Kings' and is designed by Barbara Gray who owns one of our really popular UK companies called 'Clarity Stamps. Now you can buy most of her stamps unmounted but in the early days she mounted them onto clear perspex 'handles' - quite an innovative idea at the time. It might have a code number on the handle which will probably start with CH or similar.

And how do I know this? I have the exact same beautiful stamp here - bought a lot of years ago and it's time it came out to play again! I love that you stamped it in red as well - neat touch!

Hugs

Di (aka Miss Marple/Inspector Clouseau!)
xx