Sunday, April 2, 2017

Using my Snippets!


     I have been trying to think in a different way and when I cut a die, I think about where I place it so I do not waste the negative piece.  Here is an example of what I mean.  When I went to cut the octopus, I made sure I could cut a card front with it in the corner.  I used a digital sentiment on the first card and on the second I used the negative..... (shhhh, it's my son's BD card).


     I have this great pewter metallic card stock and some embossed dot scraps, and lime green scraps, I found in my bin. The little fish are snippets punched with a fantastic punch my dear friend Carol owns.  I sure wish I could find one of those.  What a great way to use up bits!  My first card has a cut out from a Gina Marie stitched square die.

     There is the fun octopus die and fish dies on the son card ... just a wee bit different than the punches.  They are from Memory box, and I think they make great masculine cards, when you need that little extra something to add.  I also found a roll of this cool Washi tape on a recent trip to Tuesday Mornings.  Been trying to use that more, also.  I decided to use the coral stamp out of the SU! set called By the Tide stamped with Unicorn White ink by Hero Arts.


     Well I sure hope you like these.  I will be taking them over to Pixie's Snippets Playground # 275 and 276, where you must use snippets on your creation.  Also to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Anything Goes, this week.

     Thanks for the visit.  My Grandson is visiting this weekend, so I had to sneak in here to do a quick post.  He is such a love!

10 comments:

Di said...

Really great card Mary Anne - I love the little fish, so sweet and yet perfect for a chap!
Good luck in the prize draw, it's upsetting when a die or stamp is always out of stock isn't it. In fact, I was on a waiting list over here and I see the shop is out of stock again. Pssssst, I have yet another die the same as a prize in a few weeks - although I do hope you've found one by then!

Hugs

Di xx

jimlynn said...

Super! I love all the snippets you used on here Mary Anne. So cute and your son is going to love it. I've never seen the octopus die before and it's so cool looking. Love that sentiment too!
Have a fun day with that grandson!
Lynn

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How cute love the fact you are using the negative it's like a two fer.

Carol L said...

What a cool pair of underwater cards! I'm loving the blues and greens and that gray metallic paper looks awesome stamped with white seaweed! One fish, two fish, red fish, birthday fish! Great job on both!

Donna Hanley said...

Two fun cards with that octopus. That pewter paper is beautiful. Love both of these cards. Have a good evening.

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards! very creative! Really like that sentiment on the first. Don't remember seeing that one before! So cute!

Wendy said...

These are some awesome cards, Mary Anne! I love the sentiment on the one and the octopus and underwater scene you created on the other! Is that paper SU Metallic CS? It looks so cool! Great job on them! Hope you had a fun weekend with your grandson! :)

Janice M said...

What an awesome way to use up those negative pieces! That Octopus sure is cute. Our Tuesday Morning closed ages ago. Sure do miss looking there for crafty things! Hope you had a great weekend with your Grandson!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous cards! Love that big sentiment!! LOL Great designs!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Darnell said...

Both of your snippet cards are terrific, Mary Anne! I really LOVE that funny sediment!! Thank you for the excellent tip about THINKING before I place the die on a card blank! That's sort of a slap-my-forehead tip, but, hey, it hasn't occurred to me before so I think you're brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell