Friday, April 7, 2017

What Was I Thinking?


     It's been one of those mornings, but first I will show you my completed card, which is pretty okay.  I used a stamp set oldie but goodie from Gina K. Designs.  It is called Funny Farm, and is from 2010.  My coloring was done with Copic Markers, and the sun was stenciled on using a negative cut from a Lil Inker sun die.  I paper pieced my hills with American Craft pattern paper, then popped up my sheep.  The middle layer of card stock is Neenah ivory.  Oops, I forgot.... two of the hills were cut using a MFT stitched valley die.

     I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Happy Birthday.  Also, I would like to take this over to Creative Corners Challenges which is Farm Friends.

 

     Now on to Darnell's NBUS #11 and April Fools Boo Boo Card!  What was I thinking, indeed?  As much as I love this cute card, what made me think I could get a "RED" Copic in between those tiny barn doors, and  make it work?  I had to be a nutzoid!  Then I think I am going to be the hero, and save the day with a white gel pen... Oh my.....or perhaps it was the micron pen that I tried to straighten the black lines with..... Hence in the top photo we had a nice new paper pieced, blue barn.  The end!..... stop laughing, cause I know you have all done it!

     If you click on the RED barn, you will see what an utter mess I made!

     Have a fantastic Friday!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I know I have done it a time or two but sometimes ya just have to laugh at your mistakes and try again! I love the scene you created, Mary Anne! Since we live in PA and farmland is our everyday usual sight this card is very dear to our hearts! I love the different mix of papers you used for the hills especially the stitched ones. Your little sheep looks happy just grazing along! I love them both!! :)

Dora said...

This is a beautiful scene. what a cute sheep.

Darnell said...

Well, I've certainly biffed a card (always one that involved a lot of work!), but I can't say I've always been so creative and quick about the save! Well done, Mary Anne! No one would ever know and your amazing farm scene was too good to give up on!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #11 and being a good sport to share your barn blooper!! Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

Blue barn/red barn.........as long as it's a barn with a cute sheep roaming on the hillside, it's all good! I honestly can't see the oops! moment with the red - it still looks good to my tired ole eyes. Great papers on those hillsides too! Fun card(s)!

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, I think we see things no one else does. I would have never noticed the red barn since I saw the entire scene and think it's darling. If I'd made the card I would have been just like you though and realized my boo-boo. Whether the barn is in blue or red - and boo-boo or not, it's ADORABLE! Love the little hillside in the different patterned green paper. So cute.
Lynn

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love both of your versions of the farm scene. I so wish I had that set as I admired it so much and I don't think it is made anymore. And, hey, some barns are a little more sway back then others. LOL

Janice M said...

What a cute little scene you have created Mary Anne!! Specially Love those stitched hills an the way you popped up the sheep. I would not have noticed the barn if you hadn't pointed it out.

Donna Hanley said...

Yes we all done it for sure. This card came out very nice. Love all those different hills. Wishing you a good weekend.

Brenda in IN said...

What a fantastic save you made although the original was fine. Sometimes we are our own worst critic and drive ourselves nuts over some small thing that no one eise would notice. Your scene is great and I love how you did the hills with pattern paper. It looks great.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I can't see it either. but I do know what you mean we are our own worst critics.

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a wonderful scene you created!! Love it!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

crafty said...

I like both cards. Cannot see anything wrong with the red barn door. I always think we see things in our own work which no one else can see. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Corner.
Mary