Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Don't Lose Hope


     Today I have a card, which I made using another of my Older Gina K. Designs stamp sets.  I have been pulling thing out and giving them some inky love!  This set is called Dream Birds, and was Illustrated by Asela Hopkins.  I also took this time to give my Ranger Oxide Inks a good workout.  Everything they say is true.  You can layer colors drying in between, and they do not get muddy!

     The card started with a white base and then a layer of Chocolate Chip card.  I created my background using Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce, and Fossilized Amber Oxides.  The bird and tree were colored with Copic markers.  I used a few SU! mini star punches and a white gel pen to add a little dimension, and finished by coating the punched stars with Diamond Stickles.

     I would like to take this card over to Addicted To Stamps Challenge #145, which is to use a stamped image and stamped sentiment.

     This will also fit in with the Crop Stop April Challenge- Link Party #27.  Suggested by a comment... thanks!

     Your visit is greatly appreciated, and I hope you will stop by again.

9 comments:

Dora said...

Beautiful card, Great that inking and stamping

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love this set of stamps, isn't it fun to use them again. I pull mine out mostly for ATC's and Tags now but I always have fun pulling out stuff that needs love. I'm sure I have stamps that have never even seen ink isn't that ashamed. Now for the inks this card convinced me I need those inks it looks beautiful.

Carol L said...

What a sweet/tweet encouragement card, and I hope you continue to have fun with those new inks :) Looking good :)

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Mary Anne! Love your sweet bird and scene you created with the stars! The sentiment is just perfect! Love it! TFS and wishing you a wonderful day! :)

Esther Asbury said...

Love, Love, Love this adorable card! You made a great background with your Distress Oxides and that sentiment fits perfectly!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop Challenge where anything goes as long as you use a few products from companies they carry in the store (you did!).
You can check out the current link party here:
www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/spring-mixed-media

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!Love the sentiment!

SewPaperPaint said...

I'm so glad to see you got some Oxides and are having a blast. What an adorable creation! Hugs, Autumn

Janice M said...

What a fun card! I have those new inks on my ever growing wish list.....need to just pick a few colors out and give them a try!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card! A lovely background, a beautiful effect, great stamping! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies