Friday, April 21, 2017

Silhouettes

   
     This week we have a challenge, at Double "D" Challenges, that asks us to use silhouettes.  The card I have chosen to share, is made with all leftover scraps on my desk.  The papers are all pieces I had laying and the die cut negative is from the Gina Marie Heron die.  I even had this Thank You stamped and in a pile of leftovers. A scrap of twine and a piece of paper doily finish it off. I hope you enjoy how I used things up!

     I would also like to take this to Pixie's Snippets Playground #277 and #278 .  There you must use snippets, and I think that mission is complete!

     Thanks for stopping by.  I have a busy weekend ahead, as my kids are all coming.  I see lots of cooking, eating and playing with my DGS in my future!  Hope you have a great weekend, also.

10 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a great make from your snippets! Loving the silhouette crane and the use of a doily too. The Playground runs bi-weekly and it's open for biz now and for the next 7 days. Here's the link:


http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2017/04/pixies-snippets-playground-week-277-and.html

craftieodmae said...

Another beauty!

Di said...

Hi Mary Anne! What a great silhouette card, and the doily is such a lovely touch as well. Great use of snippets and it's really nice to see you in the Snippets Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fabulous use of scraps Mary Anne! Beautifully done!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Silhouettes’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

jimlynn said...

STUNNING! Love the silhouette and just the right papers. The doily look so pretty with the sentiment on top of it. Fab card!
Lynn

Leslie Miller said...

That die looks absolutely amazing as a negative! Some work that way and some don't. This one becomes a real art piece as a negative. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Double D!

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, Mary Anne! Love the silhouette image with the patterned paper and the great use of the doily! Hope you have a great time with the family today! :)

Donna Hanley said...

Great card and a wonderful way to use up your snippets. I do love silhouettes and this one is especially nice. My friend just got a lamp with this same crane on it. At least I think this is a crane. It's funny that you had the "thank You' stamped and ready to go. I was going through a small pile of papers the other day and found a "thank you" all stamped and cut out in an oval ready to go. I'd better get going and put it to good use like you did. Enjoy your weekend. I can't get over how big your DGS has gotten. I hope you have good weather for your family's visit.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
so pretty there is rarely a sight more majestic than seeing a Heron just standing there on one leg silent as can be. Love this card

Janice M said...

Don't you just love it when scraps fall together into a pretty card like this one?!! Love how you used the negative I need to remember to do that more often! Glad the sun is to come out tomorrow, tired of the cool, damp, and rainy weather!